Intermediate run sunday 28th july (Aberfolye)

AndrewD

Not much happening with the Main Bunch this weekend, so as Billy says time for a bit of a mash up.

Set the run as an intermediary run to try and open the field up a bit.

Run is Miller St, Erskine Bridge, Milngavie, Strathblane, Kilsyth, Tak me Doon, Arnprior, Aberfolye (cafe stop), Drymen and back to Miller St.

Approximate round trip of 87 miles

8:30 start at Miller St.

Come on, you know you want to.

Iain,

Keep an eye on the forum for a thread from the 30 milers. If not, and you think you can do the distance, go on the run to Aberfoyle. I'm sure they'll look after you. You'll be surprised just how far you can go it riding in a group. Just let it be know you're a newbie and make sure you have plenty to eat.

M

CHANGE OF PLAN: weather looks very poor for central belt early on, instead cycle down to ardrosson up the coast to largs, old largs road, then old greenock road to bishopton, Houston, club, then if anyone has the legs do a magic loop via kilmacolm and lochwinnoch if you want some extra miles , something like that

Very enjoyable run with Andrew and Elaine. 65 miles to Dalry, West Kilbride, Largs and back via Brisbane Glen and Old Greenock Road.

Bit wet for the first 64 miles, very mild and no wind. Two out of three ain't bad.

Andrew treated us to coffee and cakes. In return we listened (nervously) to his stories of good looking guys, wigs and Alice bands!

I concur, a very enjoyable run out today with Allan and Elaine. Advantage to the poor weather was the free run of the cycle tracks. At one point expected to see Rolf jump out the bushes when we got ourselves involved in an animal rescue. I think the change of plan was a good idea, cheers for the company today.