track endurance 5th June

Well this is a baptism of fire in the A's. Bit sore now! Lasted 20 laps in the 60 lap points race after a silly 9 lap break off the front, and then got to 32 laps of the 60 lap scratch after lots of mental accelerations at the front. I now know I can catch up with the A group again off the back but after the 3rd or 4 th time of asking it gets a bit more difficult! Might go home now and drink some wine!!

• Members

There were only 5 B's so they moved Richard and I up and the others down.

Yes, they did, didn't they! When I saw our names on the whiteboard, I knew I didn't have the legs for that group, but I was worried that I didn't have the skill either - it all goes that wee bit quicker, the changes in pace from fast to slow are more extreme, and the way some riders throw themselves down towards the line when they've switched at the front is enough to scare you out of your skinsuit.

With that in mind, when I got to the front in the 10 lap scratch, I went as hard as I could (not very!) for four laps, knowing fine well that they'd all pass me. It seemed like a good strategy for getting a workout and keeping out of the way of the grown-ups. Early baths for me in the points and the 15k scratch, but I finished the 40 lap scratch in the bunch (though admittedly towards the rear of the group and with no aspirations to move forward whatsoever.) :-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

10, 40 and 50 lap scratch races and 50 lap points in the C tonight. Think I got a 2nd in the 10 lap and 3rd in the 50 lap scratch but it might have been a 4th. Points race i didnt have much left sprint wise so tried a breakaway and was out on my own for about 20 laps but that wasnt good enough. All that pain for nothing!

Well done to both of you in the A's looked a tough night.