Thurs 4th April

Guest George

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Thursday night bunch starts back :)

From memory, last year we omitted the Georgetown for the first few weeks.

Looking forward to pain & constructive shouting :)

I'm quite prepared to get shot down on this one, but let me table the proposal of dispensing with the regroup at the top of the clune in exchange for a clear softish pedal into Kilmalcolm before the 'hang on if you can' run into BofW and along the Georgetown.

The pros are

1. No significant cool down for climbers.

2. A little bit of a stick/carrot for those vertically challenged.

3. There are no hill top stops on race days therefore forces you to pedal over and through the top of the climb.

4. Adds a little interest in terms of a chasing down of the lightweight skinny climbers by the faster flat men if there is no rebunch before Kilmacolm

5. If you can get spat out on the flat equally you can get dropped on the climb.

The cons are

1. The run potentially ceases to be a bunch run on the Clune Brae due to time advantage eeked out by the climbers, even allowing for soft pedal section.

2. Those who can't climb don't turn out and we lose numbers.

3. Those who are stronger on the flat go eyeballs out from the off in an attempt to build an advantage before the Clune and the whole thing descends into a race from the start with bodies stretched all over the road, which to be fair isn't the point of the exercise.

Not looking to start a bun fight in any way, just something to think about - group consensus as always carries the argument. Thots gents. I won't be offended if this is deemed a non starter so do you're worst

M

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Here we go again....

How cold can you get in 5 minutes?

If you feel you want a harder workout why not turn around at the top of the clune & ride part of it again?

Things are fine the way they are.

Pains me to agree with George but can't help it on this occasion. No format change required.

Riding and handling skills (keeping it fast and safe) are the only other objectives we should be considering apart from the speed.

'Elf and Safety bod strikes again!

D

Guest Ross Toole

We've no even started yet! Lets just ride our bikes, if u are faster going uphill, try singing or rhythmic breathing for extra training and a bit of light yoga at the top for the 90 second wait. I enjoy waiting at the top of the hill, I get a good look at Billy,s pained expression of humping that generous proportioned body over the summit! I agree you don't stop in a race but u don't soft pedal, so if we were to.do.it, pedal as hard as you can over the top of the hill and to a land far far away!

P.s I happy either way!

P.p.s shouldn't of really commented.

P.p.s its just cycling?