Saturday 2nd March

Iain Cowden

Consensus from last week was that we plan on a shorter run this Saturday, to accommodate folk also planning to ride the Don Smith on Sunday.

So, 30-40 or so miles from Miller St at 9.30am - we can pick a route to accomodate anyone wanting to add on additional miles.

As always, company and any route suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Iain

No worries Chung - whatever suits! If you can't make it to-morrow, hope to see you on Sunday. I'll be riding over to-morrow if it suits to meet up.

Greg - excellent! It'll be nice to ride out together again - it's been a while - too long!

Cu in the morn.

Iain

Another good wee run this morning. Six set off from Miller St. - Chung, Colin H, Greg, Iain Couttie, Kenny C and me.

After a brief conflab on route, we went up Bowfield, across to Lugton, Dunlop (where Iain turned for home due to time constraints), on to Stewarton, Rowallan Castle, Fenwick, back up the A77 towards Newton Mearns, turning left onto the White Loch Road (just short of Logan's Well), over the several short sharp climbs and over to the Newton Mearns Stewarton Road. From there it was back towards Newton Mearns, down a good descent, before turning left again and over to Neilston. From there we came back via Barrhead and Paisley to the track at the RAH, where Chung and I headed back to Glasgow whilst the others returned to the clubrooms.

I had about 59 miles to/from home so it must have been just about 40 from Miller St. Bit wet round Dunlop/Stewarton which was not advertised, but it dried out nicely. Hopefuly not too much effort before the Don Smith to-morrow.

Thanks to all for company - great to see Colin out again, with enough time to complete the run this time.

Iain

Good to get out and complete the whole ride. Everybody working well and Greg pushing a huge gear all day.

Many thanks must go to the guys for the armchair ride (especially along the 77) and patience on the climbs.

And a couple of new roads for me too.

Colin