Saturday 19th January

Iain Cowden

Hi Folks! Latest forecasts I've looked at suggest it will be very cold but hopefully we may miss much of the snow!

Plans necessarily provisional as yet, but if it's safe I would be up for some more miles on last week's basis. So, weather permitting 9.30am at Miller St. Given the low temperatures a coastal route seems the only likely option - maybe last week's in reverse? I promise to come up with something more imaginative in future/as weather allows!

I'll post again to-morrow early evening when we have updated forecasts. Safety paramount but hopefully we can get out - otherwise duvet & turbo day beckons!.

Company very welcome.

Thanks

Iain

What kind of distance and average speed are you guys thinking. I may try and get tomo instead of Sunday but only been out a few times over the last wee while. Don't want to hold anyone up or be really struggling. If its the coast then im sure i couldl bail out if nessecary.

Jody

Excellent! Weather wise looks like more of the same to-morrow, so best thermals and we should be OK! If we wake up to anything unexpected I'll post by 8am, otherwise 9.30am/Miller St it is.

Jody, as Andrew says pace was 15-16 mph last week, mostly into a slight headwind. As you say, if we go out thru' Bishopton there are a number of options to bail out if anyone wants to, or is pushed for time. Hope to see you in the morning.

Chung, if you you're able to make it and are riding over, we could meet at the Hurlet if that suited - say 8.55 am ? (should have a tail wind).

I'll look here again later and in the morning.

Iain

• Life Members

Iain,

Like last Saturday, I'll be riding to Johnstone from the City Centre.

I can catch you at the Bella corner like last week if you want? Say 8.55am?

This is my mobile just in case 079033 56730.

Rap up warm for tomorrow folks!

Cheers

Chung

Another good run out today in fine company - more good base miles! Six of us left Miller St.; Andrew, Boyd, Bill T, Chung, Jody and me.

Out along the Georgetown and round the coast to W Kilbride, where we had a cafe stop, some food and much needed heat up! Jody, without much recent time on the bike, was going well and left us at Inverkip to return via IBM. We were caught and passed by the Renfrew bunch around the Cloch and caught up with them again at the communal comfort break at Largs (JWCC much in evidence). Some of us had benefited from last week's miles, with Bill taking long pulls at the front down the coast and Boyd firing along at an admirably efficient cadence! Back via Dalry, Kilbirnie and the track into a cold easterly headwind. Just over 87 miles for me and a bit more for Chung for sure.

Thanks to all for the company and again working well together.

My whereabouts next week-end are a bit uncertain but I'll post again midweek - hopefully we can keep a Saturday run going for those it suits.

Iain

• Life Members

Thanks again to Iain & everyone on today's run!

Another good day on the saddle with 90 miles on my Garmin, good solid winter miles I think.

Good to see Jody back out again after a period of absent due to the new arrival of Wee Harry, well done & congratulations Jody!

P.S the cafe in West Kilbride was really good, another one in my list definitely.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the run yesterday and big thanks to Iain for organising. Due to the lack of miles I was feeling it quite a bit by Inverkip so bailed out and pretty much went in to the Red straight after. It was a pretty slow spin up the road(thanks to the head wind) but when I got back the Garmin had just short of 60 miles on it so was good to complete that.

If shifts(and wee Harry) allow I'll be looking forward to getting out for a few more Saturday runs and hopefully hanging on for a bit longer.

Cheers Jody