NEW BIKE

Guest George

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Only done level one accreditation so far and maybe getting ahead of myself but got a remarkably good deal on this so decided to take the plunge. Ohyadancer!

Can any of you track dudes advise on what size of gear I should be employing for general track use?

I'm gonna look mighty cool on this even as others whizz past, lapping me.

Just don't ride down the banking from me, I'm very heavy :blink:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny

Serious answer!

Only did track league one time so for the group c races this was an ideal gear, certainly spinning at about 120rpm I guess last lap or two. I think Richard was on 50-15 which almost the same, me being 3.43 ratio and Richard 3.33

As I say I am a youth (B) at heart

• Members

George, based on the manufacturer's specs, I suspect you're currently on 49*15, which is 88.2". I think that's just about right for accreditation. Give your wallet a break and ride the bike as it is - see what your body makes of it. :-) The worst case scenario is that you'll learn how to spin. For racing in the bargain basement C group, I found that 49*15 wasn't enough. I swapped to 50*15 for the second track league night. That's 90". Is Accreditation 4 two hours of mock racing? If so, maybe that's the time to give 50*15 a run out.

Optimum gearing is going to be slightly different for everyone. I don't know what mine is yet but I'm sticking with 90" for the track league for the time being. I'd be interested to hear what other folk have ridden and how they found it.

PS: For all your gear inch calculations:

http://software.bare...bit.applet.html