Main Bunch 14 October

Guest EPCC

Sounds good.

Billy, cheers for posting the routes. Might be an idea to post up ideas for the comIng few weeks too.

Remember-anyone can post a route, so if anyone else has a suggestion-speak up!

George et al

My plans will be mainly the coast with an occasional run over towards Helensburgh with the target being steady 60 to 80 miles

If others want to do something else fine post it I only post because nobody else will do it

However can't think of much else route wise that gives so many bail outs and distance options once the weather turns as I for one will not be doing hills once it gets cold

Lets wait and see who posts some runs I won't hold my breath

For what its worth i personally think that the main bunch runs have been good all season and i include the winter runs you guys done for the Italian trip give yourselves a pat on the back ,as im not fast enough to ride with youse i do read your posts and think you all have chipped in with suggestions for a day out on the bike Billy , Mark , Charlie , Paul ,George and today Chung theres just a few names who are more than able to get runs posted for the next few weeks

just sayin like Oh ya dancer !

Well I would imagine that the Largs-Love will commence in November

along with the compulsory muddies so for anyone with ideas of going

further afield I suggest doing so for 21st & 28th of this month.

Maybe a Fintry or a Dunoon trip, depending on weather?

Or a trip to deepst darkest Ayrshire? Could perhaps revisit Charlie's

bombed out suggestion for Troon.

Ideas? Anyone? :shock:

George

As usual I see a lack of suggestions for runs for the next few months does that surprise me no will it stop the bitching no as I said before I don't really care where we go on a Sunday I do care that we keep to a decent form and pace

However we have those who say we don't do hills and those who say we do too much hills so for the sake of unity I ask all to put up or shut up

As always my reply is both sensitive and considered as if you fail to post it will be variations of the coast from November through January

Hussars!

I agree with everything Billy says and everything he

doesn't say and everything he implies be it implied or not.

I'm quite happy to head up and down the coast over the next few months and I'm equally happy to go on any other suggested routes.

All we lack are suggestions :icon_mooning

I'll be out on Sunday - need to get some more miles in after last weekend's disaster. A combination of not eating enough beforehand and no real form I think.

Anyhoooo, in response to the various posts regards winter runs I'm with Billy on this one. Longish and flattish, which tends to direct us to the coast in some form or another. Ive posted before that the coast road can be looked at as 3 distinct sections - Bishy to Largs, Largs down to the 3 towns and anything down Troon/Prestwick way. There is a degree of overlap, no doubt, and getting to and from the Troon area or Kilwinning can be a little undulating. That said doing these routes in one direction then reversing them gives us 6 routes without expending much in the way of grey matter. Throw in the odd Helensburgh run thats almost 2 months before you repeat a run. I wouldn't rule out an occasional in land run during milder weather where icy roads are less likely either. I've still got a Strathaven run in the making.

Pinning my chamois to the mast, I think we should broadly follow what we did last year - seemed to work well and we had reasonable numbers out too. If someone comes up with an alternative route(s) then post up. If you don't post then you are not afforded the luxury of a moan.

M

I'll be out on Sunday - need to get some more miles in after last weekend's disaster. A combination of not eating enough beforehand and no real form I think.

Anyhoooo, in response to the various posts regards winter runs I'm with Billy on this one. Longish and flattish, which tends to direct us to the coast in some form or another. Ive posted before that the coast road can be looked at as 3 distinct sections - Bishy to Largs, Largs down to the 3 towns and anything down Troon/Prestwick way. There is a degree of overlap, no doubt, and getting to and from the Troon area or Kilwinning can be a little undulating. That said doing these routes in one direction then reversing them gives us 6 routes without expending much in the way of grey matter. Throw in the odd Helensburgh run thats almost 2 months before you repeat a run. I wouldn't rule out an occasional in land run during milder weather where icy roads are less likely either. I've still got a Strathaven run in the making.

Pinning my chamois to the mast, I think we should broadly follow what we did last year - seemed to work well and we had reasonable numbers out too. If someone comes up with an alternative route(s) then post up. If you don't post then you are not afforded the luxury of a moan.

M

Testify! :grin:

About 10 set of for a run to west Kilbride but cut it short due to half having time constraints and piped up the Healy

Good to see George hitting form in the off season and mouthy mark getting fitter after his fall

All in all a good ride and nobody fell off

Was that because Andy wasn't here ?

See you next week

About 10 set of for a run to west Kilbride but cut it short due to half having time constraints and piped up the Healy

Good to see George hitting form in the off season and mouthy mark getting fitter after his fall

All in all a good ride and nobody fell off

Was that because Andy wasn't here ?

See you next week