Date of 2-up Champs

David Thomson

• 2023 Subscriptions

The previous years the 2-up championships has been run on a Sunday morning which conflicts with the Rothesay weekend and has therefore reduced the number of participants in the club event. It was suggested that it could be run midweek just like the rest of the 2-up's. That would mean it would be run on the 18/09/12 rather than the 16/09/12. This would hopefully produce a larger and more competitive club championships. What do other riders feel about this?

DT

Fair point Campbell, wouldn't be too difficult to get names and teams sort beforehand, with start times all in place. The light is still ok until about 8pm.

With a start at 6.45 and a max of 15 teams at 1 minute intervals the last team would be off at or around 7pm, all done and dusted well before 7.20, based on the times being posted.

Very doable on the Friday evening, then off to the pub for a beer!

M

Guys

We do not have any free dates to run this on

It was changed from the Saturday due to clashes with racing

I do not see a benefit in moving it any further or trying to see of we have a free weekend

My thoughts are that we start at as close to 1830 as we can

Having 30 riders turning up would be unlikely

In the intrest of safety those riding home should have lights fitted

• 2023 Subscriptions
Billy,

Is that the 18th ???

As far as I'm aware it should be 18/09/12.

I might struggle to make a 18.30 start so miss out cause we can't or won't move it last year's was the Sunday the same day as rothesay why not the 22nd man up billy make a desicion :grin:

Greig Hello, beer !!

Rothesay is a weekend. So moving it to the Saturday would not alleviate the clash on the Sunday.

DT

Fine, confined events convener has spoken, Tuesday 18th it is, kick off as close to 18.30 hours as possible - late comers on the night due to work etc will of course be accommodated within reason. No reason why anyone should miss out.

So who is riding? don't just post "Me!" Consult with intended 2up partner and have one of you post.

Would it be over stepping the mark to suggest an informal deadline of Sunday 16th for indicative entries in order to provide some idea of the runners and riders etc., and sort out the start list per Campbell's suggestion. I'm happy to take on start sheet prep task and forward it to timekeeper(s) Start times based on recent posted times as far as possible.

M

• 2 weeks later...