ergolever repairs

Hey!

On Monday on the way home from work my 2006 right hand ergolever's shift wand snapped very near the pivot. I mean the big one that allows you to change up the block and make things easier not the thumb button.

I just spent half an hour changing the broken (plastic with a carbon triangular patch stuck on) lever for an aluminium one from an old centaur pair. Its a wee bit tricky but once you have a small star screwdriver, allen keys and needle nose pliers its ok. I had a look at the exploded diagram online yesterday but did it from memory tonight.

Anyway, it all works ok and goes to show you should never chuck anything away... I should have replaced the Gsprings (as I have them) and regreased the front and rear bearings but ...next time...

I took the broken one apart yesterday and used a carbon repair kit to try to patch it but to no avail (Ive fixed a carbon frame and (mtb) bars and a year on they are still ok. But no luck with the pretend carbon of this...

Sooooo....... does anyone have any spare / broken ergolevers they dont want so I can reinstate the donor bike with its bits? / and /or put a carbon lever back on the now fixed one?

I know Davie B had an issue - not sure if he fixed it?

The original lever was a 10 speed Record carbon ultra but anything would probably do.

Thanks

SS

Simon,

Good stuff re. the repairs and nice to see the path of least resistance, aka "throwing money at it" not being taken.

As for a spare lever, no can do I'm afraid. I have not, as yet, fixed my shifter but plan to do so when I have the time and keep it as a spare. Given the advice you previously sent seems a relatively simple task.

All the best,

Davie

• 2 weeks later...