Social Ride Sun 3rd June

Tony

Cowal peninsula - riding out from Miller St to Ferry at Gourock. I may not be in attendance but Chung will be there to entertain you with stirring tales of his Italian adventures :madashell

Further details nearer the weekend - you're probably aware there are a number of options -

• - short loop (about 40 miles?)
    - longer loop involving C11 and Otter Ferry Road
    - the above plus Ardentinny (60 miles)
    - big loop round Tighnabruaich (70 miles)

I think Chung is willing to go with the flow, so post your preference here. If aiming for 9am ferry I would expect departure from Miller St to be about 0740 ??

Thanks

Chung's PA :lol:

• Life Members

Cheers Kaito.....Robin.....eh no Penfold.........I mean Tony! :lol:

I'm easy & as Tony said, I'll go with what ever the majority wants. However, I'm not 100% sure about the "Ardentinny" part of the route, but I'm sure Tony will keep me informed.

Also, can i suggest maybe a later start of maybe 9.30am ferry, Tony? Meaning a more civilised 8.00am start at the club room please?

So, let's have a show of hands please!

Cheers

I'll hopefully be out for this one. Never been out that way on the bike so looking forward to it!

I'm easy as to what route and will go with whatever is decided amongst the group but would quite like to get as much mileage as possible due to not getting out on the bike recently.

As for the ferry time, as late as possible! Normally not on schedule for the usual meeting time nevermind more than an hour earlier. However, i will solo TT to Gourock if necessary. :lol:

Cheers

Ross

• Members
..However, I'm not 100% sure about the "Ardentinny" part of the route, but I'm sure Tony will keep me informed.

That would involve going over the Whistlefield, Chung. It's been much-neglected by the bunch on recent runs - we always seem to miss it out. Bit of a shame cos it's a really good climb from the Loch Eck side.

• Life Members

Thanks Richard for the route pointer, cheers! Are you coming out to play?

Ross, do you want an alarm call from me? :grin:

Ritchie, will see you at the ferry, Remember its the Western Ferry!

If you can get ticket before hand at the wee shop in Gourock, it's a lot cheaper than getting it on the boat.

So, Tony can we say 8.00am start at the clubroom?

Cheers

• Life Members

Hi all,

I just want to reiterate that this is a "Social" run which means we ride to the slowest rider (that'll be me) :grin: , conversation is strongly encouraged (in fact its compulsory, well for me anyway).

Cafe stop either at Tighnabruaich or Stuchar depending on route.

We ride as a bunch with usual rules & etiquette applies, aspiring climbers can go hard on the climbs but we all regroup at the top.

Nae half wheeling, especially when at the front.

So, everybody is welcome & encourage to come along ............ come on, don't be shy now!

Cheers

• Life Members

Welcome onboard Hugh, Dominic & Ronan,

Will be good to see you guys again!

Remember its 8.00am start at the clubroom or 9.30am ferry at Gourock Western Ferry.

Here's my mobile number just in case 0790 3356 730.

Looking forward to this already!

Cheers

I'll join this one.

Are you going up the track from the club?

If so I will meet you at the Pullman Inn in Kilmalcolm at 08:30 as I will be coming from Lochwinnoch.

Remember - it is the Western ferry terminal at McInroy's point after Gourock. One of our new members was at the terminal in Gourock last time and wondered why nobody was there!

Also, buy your tickets at Paul's Minimart (next to the Coop) in Gourock - much cheaper than buying them on the boat.

• Life Members

Paul & all,

I think we'll stay on the road rather than go on the track. Will definitely go through Kilmalcolm, but not sure where the Pullman Inn is, but we'll be following the Thursday Chain Gang route but only in reverse of course. If its on route then we'll no doubt meet you there, but maybe slightly earlier .... say 8.20am. So 20mins from Johnstone to Kilmalcolm sounds right right? (or am I too optimistic)

Just got a text from Stevie Mcfarlene of PVCC who are heading over to Dunoon too, so might & could have a duo club run.

Com'on the Joasins, lets show them how it's done properly in a bunch! Hello, beer !!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

I expect to be at the clubhouse for an 8am start, but at the moment I'm not sure if I'll have the time to go over the water as we're off on holiday next week, so there's a bit of pressure from Mrs J and I may just carry on to Largs and home again.

Boyd

Hello folks,

I like the sound of this and given the fact that I would like to try the Dalmally run next week so the more miles the better for me, but happy to go with the majority. :grin:

Chung when you say the reverse of the chain gang route, I have never done this but will you all come out at the bottom of the Clune Brae and join the A8. If so anyone from the Renfrew area want to meet and head down through Bishopton and meet the bunch in Port Glasgow ???

Jody

• Life Members

Hi Jody,

Yes, we drop down to the roundabout then turn left after the clune brae & head towards Greenock then Gourock on the main road.

You can just keep heading towards the Gourock ferry & no doubt we'll catch up with you at some point. It just saves you from hanging about waiting for us feeling cold and all.

See you on Sunday, my friend and you too Ross (just set all the alarms in your house to get you up)!

Richie, yes those are the 3 young musketeers we meet after the Brisbane Glen a few months back!

Cheers

Chung

I will get you at the Western Ferries

John

John,

Are you cycling down, myself and Ross will be heading down from Renfrew and going through Bishopton if you are.

Chung, what time do you reckon you'll be at the roundabout at base of Clune, just so I can work out times for leaving Renfrew ???

Ross, meet you at gates to dump. Will try and work out time tonight so we meet at the bottom of the Clune.

Jody

• Life Members

Jody & all,

I guess we'll have to be around 8.50am when we get to bottom of clune brae to catch the 9.30am ferry.

What I would suggest is that you just keep rolling along & at some point you will or we'll catch up with you, I think that's best!

Cheers

Think I'll have to drive straight to the ferry so the missus can get more of a lie in.

So...the ferry leaves from where I've previously got off the ferry from Dunoon?

And tickets are from the shop nearby?

Is there sufficient parking there?

Cheers

PS: looks like the leg warmers might be coming back out for tomorrow!!