Social Ride Sun 20th May 0915

Tony

Unfortunately have just found out I won't be able to make it out on Sunday. Anyone else who wants to post a run feel free? Route/distance up to you but remember to try and arrange a bail-out option for people who are short of time etc. Weather looks good.

Thanks

Tony

Due to a wee unexpected social engagement on Saturday night , I'm planning on going out late morning on Sunday, if any one would like to join me. Route can be flexible but was thinking of heading up the bowfield hill towards ayrshire or along georgeton , bishy and "eh port" or where ever. Route always flexible. lol.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Should this not be for the 20th?

I'll be there for 09:15. I thought I might try to load the first reliability run into my new Bryton and then try to follow that route. Along with several others I got a bit lost on that one, so it would be good to find the correct route. I'll check out the bail-out options on that one.

If anybody else has other thoughts, then I'll be happy to go along with the consensus.

Well spotted Boyd - have fixed the date.

When you say the first reliabilility do you mean this -

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1186315

...it's a good route although personally I'd prefer to go along the Old Greenock Road rather than West Ferry. (I think the West Ferry is used because the reliabilities happen in February when untreated roads might be icy.)

It's very similar to this one, which we have used in the past -

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/939426

...some nice views over the Clyde...

Have a good run whatever you do :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry - meant Reliability 2 : http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1787383

Bowfield, Lugton, Dunlop,

Stewarton, Fenwick loop around through MOscow and same route back (in reverse)

Bail-out options to turn round again at Stewarton or at Fenwick. I've got the route loaded - just need to work out how to use it.

Open to other suggestions, though.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks all for a good run and the motivation (& energy boost Boyd) to keep going.

I recorded 62 miles by the time I got home! Think i need to get out for some midweek training in preparation for next Sunday.....

Graham.

Good run today, great weather and great scenery (just a pity about the hills :uzi )

Thanks everyone for the company, the compact chainset made a huge difference so thanks to Bill for advising me to go for it Oh ya dancer !

:icon_yes to Boyd for organising and his new toy seemed to work pretty well, think we will have a few more farmers specials coming up A wee bit of help.

Jody

• 2023 Subscriptions

It only took a couple of months, but we finally completed Reliability 2 :icon_yes

Good social run, with the emphasis on social. Thanks, folks. See you in a couple of weeks.

Stats from the new toy, including the short run from my house in Paisley - not much more than two miles :

Date 2012.05.20

Activity Type Cycling - Road Cycling

Riding Time 03:41:23

Riding Distance 50.02 ml

Altitude Gain 2804 ft

Calories Burned 1557 Kcal

Weight Loss 70 g

Avg Temperature 53.4 oF

Difficulty Level 3 (30.8)

Avg Speed 13.6 ml/h