Main Bunch 23rd October

Mark O

As per an earlier posting by Billy fixie McD next week's proposed main bunch run is a foray down to Troon/Prestwick which was postponed from earlier in the month. Again fairly flat, with option climb on pretty good roads. Cafe stop in Troon or Prestwick if we decide to add an extra 10 on to the day. Circa 65 miles for the day. 09.00 bells at Miller Street. Whose in?

M

apologies for baling early. Legs like jelly, lungs on fire, sore head.

yep, man flu on it's way. I'm away for a hot bath & lemsip before whining to the wife about how close to death I am

and checking my will is in order.

not so much yellow jersey as yellow blouse.

George, it was noted that you were not your usual bubbly and witty self this morning. Sounds like a good excuse for day in bed with lemsip (other flu remedies are available - not sure if Dooley's stock these however!!!!!!!!), the wife's fluffy hot waterbottle and a pile of Beano, Dandy or Eagle comics depending on your vintage and taste (personally speaking it would be commando books for me).

Charlie and I did continue to boldly ride where very few of the Joansin have ridden before. Made it all the way to Troon on the exceedingly dry and breeze free Ayrshire coast. Indulged in a couple of scones the size of a small European principality at the Venice cafe - new coffee haunt for definite Oh ya dancer !

We parted company at Barrmill, I made it home nice and dry with a smidge over 60 on the clock. Charlie, hope you made it home before the rain started. Another fine run out inspite of the forecast of wind and rain.

M