Uplawmoor 25 5th July

Phil Malcolm

• 2023 Subscriptions

Based on previous years, I would say latest start of 7pm, especially as most will be over an hour on the road! So how about meet at 6.45 for a start asap.

I have now changed my work plans for the week, so will be able to make it tomorrow night, although it does mean a 04:30 start on Wed!

In terms of where it is, here are words from Jim and Vicky from a few years ago:-

Jim - A736 Barrhead to Irvine Road. Start at the Builders Yard on the Barrhead side of Shilford Hamlet which is near Uplamoor and head towards Irvine until the first roundabout and return.

Vicky - 'Shilford, Lochlibo Rd, Neilston, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G78, UK', stick this into Google maps. Get to Barrhead, probably via the Clyde Tunnel, Cardonald, Hurlet. Turn right at the roundabout in Barrhead along the Main St and head through the town - taking a mainly uphill direction. Follow signs for Irvine, stay on the main rd A736. This is the road the route follows. Travel about 5miles out this road, Shilford is missable if you blink so try not to! if you are coming onto A736 from Caldwell Golf Club, you should turn LEFT back towards Barrhead and pass below Uplawmoor. Either way SHILFORD is before Uplawmoor as you drive from Barrhead towards Irvine.

Hope that's clear (ish).

Cheers,

R

The results:

Ben; 57.23 (pb) 2 weeks due

Ramsay; 59.34 (pb) paid

Phil; 1,03.47 paid

David T ; 1,05.22 (pb) paid

Mark O; (pb)1,06.45 to pay Ramsay

Iain Cowden; 1,08.29 paid

Ian McGinty; (pb)1,08.50 paid

Ian Coutie; 1,14.44 paid

Thanks to you all for your patience re; my shortcomings in the field of mental arithmetic, it was, an never will be my strong point. Spelling bee's, and sartorial elegance are my fortes.

Cheers 8-)

Cheers to Mr Christie for timekeeping duties. I sure some boffin somewhere has or is developing a TT timekeeper's 'app' for a smartfone.

Quite a good night albeit the not inconsiderable breeze couldn't make up its mind which direction it was coming from. Good effort all round

from those who turned out. Will be back for more of the same next week.

Cheers

Mark

Maybe 'Vermin Control' could soon be added to his list of forte's. (titter titter!)

Salut, Ben

I should qualify that, on the way home tonite, I had confided in Ben about the ongoing problem I have been experiencing with a parliament of Magpies which have decided to make sure I awake around 4am each morning. I have arrived at my wits end with the aforementioned and extreme measures are the next option, should my carefully crafted cardboard owl not prove to be the deterrent I had hoped.

One rather thinks a trip to Victor Morris and the procurement of an air rifle might bring this unsavoury matter to a satisfactory conclusion. I am about to turn in (with ear plugs) :-P

Pip, pip!

Fantastic time tonite Ben. Well done all.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for timekeeping Kenny. It can be long old wait on a 25!

Well done all for good efforts on a strange night for it. Like Mark said, the wind was fresh but never truly helping or hindering.

Can't believe it has taken me 8 years to get under the hour! And Ben comfortably did it at his first attempt! :shock:

The 04:30 start this morning was not made any easier with sore legs!

See you for more of the same next week.

R