Sat 2nd July Arran Challenge

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have the itch that won't go away so I thought I'd suggest well in advance the Arran Challenge again. After review of the attempt a few weeks ago I'm sure it can be done under the following circumstances,

7am ferry to Arran,

roll off and straight into a hard but steady single pace line which will last for 56 miles at and average of about 20.5mph without stops. Any stop time has to be recovered,

11.05am ferry back,

will really need minimum of 4 but realistically 5 or 6 riders as its a rolling route,

there are bail out options if you must get the 11.05 ferry back,

anybody up for it - it will require a degree of single mindedness and suffering (unless you are Ben :grin: )to hit the goal,

but don't let that put you off, it will be fun and excellent training,

cheers

Oh ya dancer !

• Committee

I am probably fit enough to join you now but will be away.

If you have to rebook then please post again, I'd like to have a go.

Might be more chance of getting 7 or 8 riders later in august but I suppose part of the attraction is doing it with as few as possible.

Good luck.

A

Hi Paul.

I got a start for the Super 6 B Race this saturday morning in Newton Mearns so won't be able to make the Arran run unfortunately. The idea of 7am ferry does fill me with dread though i must say! I would have to leave the house at 5 atleast to make that. I still really fancy this ride though.

Good luck if you go for it! Ben

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

Watch this space for a date later in year - a good wee bunch are up for it but no one can make this weekend.

And yes Ben it is early morning - the BOW guys left about 5.15am or so last time and I left about 5.45am :grin: Home for 1 though with a grand appetite.

Oh ya dancer !