Arran Challenge

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yep we went out. Phil, Charlie, Paul and Myself.

Very windy, occasionally very wet, one minor crash, one puncture, two ferry journeys, 50mph ++ descents, lots of coffee and four pairs of sore legs!

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

So windy that I recorded my top speed on a bike down the String at 57.2mph :shock: Had to brake or I would have ran into the back of a car !

Great day out as always

Have come to conclusion that you would need probably 6 plus bodies on a light wind day to actually do the full circuit in the time slot between ferries. The real time available is actually about 2h40m as bikes are last off the ferry.

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to other 3 for allowing me to loiter at the back. Learnt a painful lesson. always check your bike before you go out. Front brake pads in open position.Discovered this as came across sharp left bend.Hit the deck. ouch! Black and blue but no broken bones

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hey Ben

I previously clocked 52.5mph on the String - however on Saturday the tail wind was exactly on the tail and it was gusting around 40mph. I actually didn't pedal after the turn at the top - it was a case of hold your nerve and then brake before rear ending a car which was going far too slow!!

Pretty awesome stuff though

Anyway don't know what you're doing next weekend but I'm talking to the military startegy team to devise a cunning plan for next Saturday which will likely involve an early morning start and at least 70 miles with some high intensity sectors. You're high intensity may be a bit beyond us mortals though!

Oh ya dancer !