Sunday 17th April - '30 milers'

williecosh

Hi team,

I thought it best to start a new thread - well Paul did, actually!

3 of us have signed up for the Argyll run, so far: Mary, Paul C and me. Proposed run below:

Meet at McInroy Point for 9.45 Dunoon ferry.

Hunter's Quay to Strachur (no tea room stop, or if we do I'll volunteer to watch the bikes - no, it's ok, I really don't mind!).

Head along Loch Fyne and up the big hill at Caol Glen (A866) - a stoatir Brian, just the type of hill that you and I need!

Down through Glendaruel to B836 (i.e. turn left).

Climb over to Loch Striven (great descent and make sure your brakes are working - seriously!).

Climb up to Loch Tarsan and down through Glen Lean back to Sandbank and the ferry.

All yours for 47.7 miles! 3 tough hills, three great descents and doable for everybody in our group over the last two weeks.

Anyone else in? You better be or I'll grass you to Coach Troy!

Willie

hi guys,

i'm keen on this one. i've not been out with the JW yet this year (another knee op), but have been cycling on ma tod (sad lonely old git that i am :grin: ) for the last 4 weeks. so should just about manage 40odd easy :shock: miles.

i'll meet you all at the ferry around 9.30, if i don't show carry on without me though.

yeehaa

al

Great run today. 13 in the bunch setting a brisk pace. Whizzing into Dunoon at 21 mph!!

Wind a bit cool. Willie managed to sneak into the Strachur cafe without upsetting the owner!!

Adding the extra bit to/from Kilmalcolm was 72 miles for me. Fresh legs at the end and nipped up the Clune fairly briskly.

Looking good for Drumlanrig!

A good day out!

Paul C

• Administrators

Great weather (I have a burnt face). Only had a short run with the bunch before they turned off and I headed straight to Strachur. Sat on a wheel for 17 miles and they wouldn't let me take a turn on the front!

Body is suffering a bit today!