sunday 12th Dec

ginty001

• 2023 Subscriptions

Planning to head out on Sunday morning if the weather stays mild, although BBC has it at -4 during Sat night, so we'll just need to wait and see how it goes. It would be a main road run i imagine... I need to be back for 12.30 as i'm going to an afternoon Santa party, so i plan to head down from Bishopton down the West Ferry towards Largs and go as far as i can before i need to head back to be home for 12.30, probably leave Bishopton at around 9.30 or a wee bit later if it suits anyone else...I know this may not suitable for everyone, but any company welcome....

Cheers Ian :grin::grin:

Hope to be there too for some STEADY motorpaced miles behind Ian and Kenny :icon_yes (but don't wait about if I' m not there Ya-a-aawwnnn )

I take it 0930 in Bishopton is still the plan. Meeting place?????? How about the layby on the way out of Bishy towards Westferry (just at the 30 sign???)

Colin Hello, beer !!

Brian,

Don't know what direction you will be coming from so directions are as follows from St James R/Bout (hoping you know that one 8-) ):

Take exit from R/out for Erskine (road skirts around the back of the Airport);

At 1st r/bout go straight through (following signs for Erskine);

At next R/bout turn left (heading towards Port Glasgow);

1st village you come to is Bishopton (Signposted as you enter);

Follow road right through to other side (you will know when you are exiting the village by national speed limit sign);

Layby is located shortly after the national speed limit sign on LHS

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I too looked out the window 1st thing this morning, and thought long and hard about the wisdom of heading out, but thankfully I decided the main roads should be fine, and they were... Myself, Greg, Darryll, DavieT, Kev and PaulC headed off down the coast road down through Gourock round the Cloch and then retraced our steps back again, all in glorious sunshine with thankfully very little wind...... :grin::grin:

Glad to hear you got out folks. I was thinking of coming along but didn't fancy the forecast so went for a "fat-tyre" run instead - back roads/Muirshiel/land-rover track/Kilmacolm. Surprisingly the land-rover track up over the moor was the least icy bit.

Roll on the thaw.