Strathclyde Park; Round 3

james-maclaren

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea what this will be like (Sunday 17th)? I have not found any You Tube clips of previous races. Anyone been on site to have a look?

I bought a new tyre for the front of the MTB but I think it may be too tame for cyclocross. Any comments? I wanted a fairly narrow tyre so chose B'Twin tyre 26 x 1.75

at http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/b-twin-26 ... -3888639/#

should I have gone for a more knobbly one?

Now I have joined the Johnstone Wheelers I had better get a set of colours. Anyone got a top they could let me have? I don't suppose there will be any stock of these items.

James

James,

Don't know myself but a description posted on the Braveheart forums is as follows....

Course is a good 'un. Fast and furious with mostly fast, wide bridle paths. Also a great technical section with tight turns and testing features.

There will be stalls, food and possibly a demo stall from Kona.

I have booked good weather so bring the family for a great day out.....

I'm just getting over a persistent cold so am very doubtful for this one as well -not raced so far this season despite all my plans :angryfire, but may go along to see the action on the day.

Enjoy and good luck.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi James,

Welcome to the Wheelers!

I've a spare jersey I'll look out for you. Danny will bring have it for you - thanks again for taking him.

The reason you haven't found any details of the course is that this is a new event on the calendar. From what Davie posts above I'm sure your new rubber will be fine.

Best of luck for the race. 'Mon the Joansin!

Mul

I arrived at Strathclyde park in time to see the vet/ladies/juniors race finishing today. The Johnstone contingent consisted of (in no particular order) Mike Ferguson, Jonathan Mitchell, and James Maclaren. I managed to grab a quick word with Mike who looked fresh after finishing, and even said he enjoyed it!

Sadly I cant concur with that view, he did point out the bomb hole which had been pretty rutted by the time the seniors race started, I saw a few comedy falls.

I was glad to finish today as I was sorely tempted to pack at the halfway point. Looking forward to the next one at Mugdock which is on my doorstep, be nice to see a few more Wheelers out at that one.

Some pics from today.

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done all.

On top of those Wheelers you mention we also had Hamish MacL in the u10 and Danny M, Andrew Mac and Cameron W in the u12's.

Unconfirmed reports say that congrats are due to Hamish for taking 2nd for the 2nd week in a row. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer ! Further unconfirmed reports suggest he showed some Belgian leanings by nipping off for chips and thus missing the podium presentation... :lol:

Young Danny agrees with Mike - he managed to sneak a lap or two of the seniors course and said it was a cracker.

I'll see you next week Kenny. Bring on the Mugdock mudfest.

M