Saturday 19th June

Colin H

Can't make this Sundays ride as I have to be present and correct on the one day in the year that Dad's are appreciated :-P

Pitty to miss out on (yet another) Largs outing :roll:

Proposing to set out from the clubhouse at 0930:

Erskine Bridge;

Khyber Pass;

Strathblane;

Lennoxtown;

Kilsyth;

Tak Me Doon;

Carron Valley;

Fintry;

Killearn;

Cycle route 7;

Dumbarton;

Home.

Anybody fancy joining me?

Colin Hello, beer !!

Richard,

Those who have been out the last few Thursdays will probably confirm that a road needs to be in a REALLY shocking state to put me off using it :shock:

Final route details can be ironed out on the day but that is the general proposal.

At least it's in the opposite direction to Largs 8-)

Colin Hello, beer !!

Yes Colin, thats the stuff! Count me in. Richard you are a girls blouse, Khyber or bust!

Ian McGinty is also keen but has no tinternet access the now. Colin, I will forward your number to him for you to arrange to meet up.

I will meet you at the Esso garage at the start of the Stockimuir Rd what time were you thinking? :smash:smashHello, beer !!

Kenny,

Was going to leave clubhouse at 0930 to collect those coming from Paisley side (if there are going to be any?????)

Would expect to be at the bridge around 10.10 so would probably be at the Esso garage around 10.30 :oops: (with a bit of effort).

Colin Hello, beer !!

Richard,

You are surpassing yourself you normally wait until you can at least see a climb before you start moaning about it :roll:

Your protests would be slightly more believable if you actually looked as if you suffered going up them ;-)

Anyway looks like a real class run but can't make it as I am dog sitting, so will just have to make do with the Largs tedium on Sunday.

Enjoy,

Davie

Guys

icon_bounce_3 Don't listen to Richard (not me the other one), I went over the Tak then The Crow a couple of weeks ago with him, well I think i did cos i couldn't see him for the dust off his rear wheel after about 10yds.

This just smacks of Armstrong sandbagging Ulrich in the tour before giving him the look and destroying him :rockets .

:uzi Don't say you weren't warned. :uzi

:smash:smash:smash

Richard

ps On the plus side he does wait for you at the top of the hill and once you get your breath back and the deep purple tinge goes from your face asks if your ok.

:-(:-(:-( Right, time for me to cut the grass :-(:-(:-(

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sounds good Gents, i'll get the clubroom bunch at the south side of the bridge at 10'ish....... 2 weeks of beer Hello, beer !! , wine Hello, beer !! , Sangria Hello, beer !! and mucho grubetto to start shifting, so may as well get started ....

Ian..........

Colin

Sounds like a good run should do it again soon as i dont know the roads hence the largs post for Sunday,

Mind you i am up for another dunoon run soon

Billy,

Only joking about the Largs run, the Brisbane Glen is one of the gems I have discovered since joining the club, and this coming from a North Ayrshire boy into the bargain. Loads of options both to and post Largs to mix it up a bit as well.

Colin's run is tempting and we should plan to do something in this area soon.

Davie

What a nice day for a bike ride 8-)

Left clubhouse at 0930 by myself and headed along the track where I happened across Jim Daly. I have to admit to a sense of relief when Jim confirmed that he was coming along to the Bridge only ,as he is racing tomorrow (no offence Jim and good luck for tomorrow Hello, beer !! )

Met up with Ian and had to phone Frank to check on his whereabouts. He was leisurely riding along the Georgetown thinking he was well ahead :roll:

Onto the garage at Stockiemuir to collect Kenny C, Richard and Big Al (who had decided last minute to get some pre Trossach's Ton miles in :oops: )

Up the Khyber and Richard, Kenny and Al just couldn't resist a push for the top leaving Frank, Ian and myself to bring up the rear. Kenny C turned off at Lennoxtown with some weak excuse re a 10K tomorrow (after all that pre ride abuse dished out to Richard as well :smash )

At the bottom of the Tak quote of the day came from Frank "*%@~# Colin" as the road hits 12% pretty much straight after the turn. I have to admit actually quite enjoying the ascent despite being last up. Don't think there was much of a time gap though as the guys haden't even unsheathed their bannanas when I finally turned into the car park Oh ya dancer ! .

Cafe stop at Killearn after some attrocious road surfaces brought welcome relief and a comaprison of pump sizes with Frank proving to have the longest (OOOOO ERRRRR MRS :lol: ).

Big Al left us after the cafe stop and we won't see him for a while as he is using one of his many holidays :roll: to jet off to Australia. Have a good one mate!

The rest of us made our way along cycle route 7 to the bridge and home Oh ya dancer !

82 miles all in from the clubhouse and a much refreshed set of tanlines 8-)

Hope the weather is as good for the Largs run tomorrow.

Colin Hello, beer !!