20th May A.P.R.?

Kenny Christie

Hi Kenny

I'm Ok for another go. Obvious alternative is the Gateside/Lugton course from last year if there's enough to make it viable. I could be at Gateside by 6.30pm for a 6.45 start. If there's not enough of us why not meet at Georgetown - say 6pm? We could see how many there are and decide a route from there - roughly the same basis as last week .

Iain

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi

Are we sure the road is closed? Jim's message says :

"The road from the Knapps is signed for road works by Inverclyde starting 22nd for 5 days.

It should be very useable after that. "

Assuming it is not closed, two questions:

Are there enough people for an APR?

What time to meet and where?

DG

DG

Unless there is a late afternoon rush, looks like 5 definite and 1 possible - not really enough for an APR. I will look again around 5pm. If its just 5 or 6 of us I'd suggest we meet at the TT start on Georgetown at 6 or 6.15pm( whatever suits others best) and take it from there.

Iain

Unless there is a late afternoon rush, looks like 5 definite and 1 possible - not really enough for an APR. I will look again around 5pm. If its just 5 or 6 of us I'd suggest we meet at the TT start on Georgetown at 6 or 6.15pm( whatever suits others best) and take it from there.

Iain

Agreed.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good evening of back road fairly quickly paced hills, with Kenny C, Colin, Ian C, Ian McG and myself.

The orginal plan was to take a course that was, reilly road, then left on to the hilly TT course, the roundabout at houston turn left, which takes you back up the georgetown, and then back on to reilly road. unfortunately reailly road was in a shocking state, so it was no possible.

So when we reached the end of reily road we went right and down almost to langbank, up netherton road, leading on to west glen, down into kilmacolm, passing birkmyre park, whcih lead us on to auchenbothie road. then on to the road which takes you half way along old greenock road, where the bunch split slighty, with Colin, Kenny C and Ian C going towards the scout place? which cuts out the crossroads at kilmacolm, but in an attempt to out wit them and beat them to the end of the road, I called to go straight on and Ian McG followed slightly confused at my poor decsion probably, because rather than seeing 3 faces waiting for us, :oops: no one was there, We decided to push on to the top of phils folly where no one was to be seen. So my self and Ian headed back down into BOW and back up the Georgetown and went our separate ways.

Over to Colin, Kenny and Ian to where they finshed

Greg

Maybe not the evening anyone quite had planned, but as Greg says, we had a decent run out anyway!

Shame about the Reilly Road's condition because otherwise Colin's shout would have been a good alternative. We did indeed hove right to take the straightish line of the triangle towards foot of Phil's folly, but waited at the road end for Greg & Ian. When they didn't appear we re-traced our steps assuming a puncture or somesuch, only to be met by Jan and Mary (out doing (now not so)secret hill training) who reported a sighting of the others headed direct to Kilmacolm! Admitted defeat at that point and headed up over the golf course road at Kilmacolm, where Kenny was "king of the mountains" and me the lantern rouge. After a cautious decent on the dodgy surface, we too headed for the Georgetown and a speedy wheelabout to end of TT course.

Next time we might even all try the same route! The road works were in progress and looking good on the KnappsRoad course.

Iain