Renfrew Bunch starts this Tuesday

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

The reformed Renfrew Bunch midweek training rides start this week. 6.30 at Renfrew toilets, Tuesday and Thursday. Renfrew-bishopton-langbank-clune brae-Bridge of Weir - Houston- Georgetown road.

A classic training ride through and off at a brisk pace :shock:

DG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Billy

It is pretty fierce from the off but you can titrate the pain by wheel sucking and making it clear that you are not up to going through.

There are usually guys training hard who are happy to spend more time on the front. From experience the worst that can happen is getting dropped on Bishy hill and having a lovely gentle ride back by Formakin/Houston/Georgetown.

It is a good route with lots of bail out options to limp back south and east from Port Glasgow/A8.

I hope to join the Gunsonmeister on Thursday. Maybe see you then.

A

Guest Jim Daly

Greg

There was a quick start tonight so I suggest that you should be ready before 6:45.

Jim

After a couple of weeks, it will start half an hour later.

• Committee

What a training ride!

Bright sunshine and about 15 riders with 5 Wheelers. 47 minutes Renfrew to Kilmacolm via Bish/West Ferry/Clune.

Dropped big time on Clune and had to dodge one rider's vomit! Marvellous! Thanks for soft pedalling at the top chaps

Ramsay, you're climbing well, soon be time for a podium.

See you Tue or Thu next week guys.

A

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bigger bunch last night.

Unfortunately for David, he took a nasty wee tumble on the dualcarraigeway just before Newark. Some road rash and a few cuts and grazes seemed to be the worst of it, but falling into the outside lane could have been very nasty!! :shock: Hope you are not too sore and stiff this morning and are OK for the weekend.

Of all wheels, he hit mine (wasn't weaving, braking etc...honest). I stopped to help pace him back up to the group and it ended up he paced me for most of it!! :-?

Was a hard night into the wind and then those of us with only 13t at the back ran out of gears on the way back!

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was looking round to see where the last man doing work was so I could switch over and then I felt my handlebars twich and then I was sliding along the A8. Jumped up as soon as I could and threw myself and the bike onto the central reservation.

Im fine. Looks disgusting but no permenant damage I think. Will find out at the TT tonight how I am.

David