Sunday 5th

Guest EPCC

Aileen and I will be out on the tandem on Sunday. Leaving the clubrooms at 9.30 (to give us time to get there) and could join up with you for part of the run if:

Flat roads, No wind, No rain, cafe stop somewhere Hello, beer !!

Dennis

Guest EPCC

Kev

Would love some hills was thinking crow road and or anything else so if you have a route as Bono once said i will follow.

Maybe Martin has a route if he is out

• Life Members

9.30am start at the clubroom with Kev leading the bunch, Jim, Aileen & Dennis on the tandam, Charlie, Billy, Frank & myself set off towards the bridge where we were joined by Ian and then Kenny C after Hardgate.

Quick blast towards the bottom of the Crow where we were ambushed at the start of the climb by a bloke with flipflops on a mountain bike.......he managed to past everyone except Frank, Jim & Kenny who battled towards the summit.

We all regroup at the top and had a wee chat with the bloke on the mountain bike, turns out he's an Audax man who knows Simon S & Campbell C.....his name is Steve or Stephen.....he sends his regards!

Fast descent down the other side...too fast for some as Billy came down on a right hander....but he was fine with only very minor scratches. Kenny wasn't fairing too well either, with a broken rear spoke he had to cut the run short and turn back for home. (hope you made it home O.K Kenny) It was also at this point were Dennis & Aileen headed for another route and Frank also opted to head home back up the Crow Road.

This left the remaining 6 making our way towards Kilsyth via the Carron Valley and Tac Me Doon, first time on these lovely part of the world. the descent was fast and interesting. After that a long lunch stop at Lennextown, then making our way home. Door to door 82 miles with a lovely cyclist tan. A barbecue when I got home and now watching the Tour highlights ........ ah...... who needs to go abroad for holiday! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Roll on next week for the Radar ride.

Thanks for listening

Cheers

Chun

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great ride update Chung Oh ya dancer ! What a great day, first time for me over these roads, couple of real tasty climbs, fanatastic weather, good company and nice cafe stop, even if the time it took to get our grub on the table added an extra hour to the trip ;-)

ps... Billy, i forgot i'm working the next 2 Sundays, so I wont make out :angryfire:angryfire

Guest EPCC

Fantastic day, sunburnt, scrached bike road rash on my rear, and a big case of going backwards uphills did anybody post a fix to this as i noticed that somebody else sufferd from this .

:!::!:

Thanks for the great run guys. Aileen and I (more the latter than the former) struggled a bit on the ups, as can happen on a tandem, :shock: but we thoroughly enjoyed the 40+mph descent from the top of the Crow down towards Fintry. Kenny had a good descent, too, and we ran out of downhill to catch him! :roll:

We thought initially that the bunch were going to Fintry until Frank came up to us and told us the bunch was going eastwards towards the 'tak me doon' via the Carron Valley.

We decided to carry on to Strathearn and have a cafe stop there, then down into Glasgow via Charing Cross, Squinty Bridge (first time ever for me) and Govan.

Hope you are ok Billy, and that you got home ok, Kenny.

Dennis