May 12 Tuesday 18:30 Glennifer Braes APR Training

KennyS

• Members

Good turnout tonight with some noticeable rides.

Kenny Christie is showing what a weeks training inSunny Skye can do for your form 8-) , just think how fast he will be when he gets a few events under his wheels. In the front group mike was his unselfish self burying himself at the front eventually riding himself into the ground.

Kev worked hard trying to take spells as often as possible, whilst Billy was as strong as an ox and both will be a force to be reckoned with when they get used to race tactics ( oh and work out where the finish line is :-? )

Hopefully we can sort out groups a bit better next week with maybe 3 small groups at 5 min intervals ( and nominate an experienced leader for each group)

Remember this is training and time spent coaching ineperienced riders will make for better races in the future.

Kenny MacD

• 2023 Subscriptions

To all those who take part in the Gleniffer "Group Training Ride"

- As most of you know I take part in a group training ride at Moscow on a Tuesday. It was suggested tonight that the Ayrshire bunch might come up to Barmill on the odd weekend when the calender is empty so as to form an enlarged group training ride on the roads used for the APR.

- Excellent opportunity to ride in a bigger group with similar abilities

- Anyone welcome

- I said I would gauge interest from the Renfrewshire end so

- who might be interested

- if you were interested what day would be better - Sat or Sun morning

I realise this post is a bit vague so please phone me in the evening on 01505 843836 if you want more info

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny C,

The same Black Audi TT passed me with only inches to spare, then I watched it pass the others in front in the same way (It makes me feel sick when I see idiots passing cyclist so close and so fast, especially as it was clearly on purpose!).

Kenny S did his best to "protect" the riders and show how you should pass cyclists (i.e. - wait until it's safe to overtake and then give them as much room as you would give to any other road user), but to no avail!

After it passed me, I did make use of several hand signals, some of which might not be found within the pages of the highway code.

Anyway, great ride. You looked like you were very strong all the way.

Cheers

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys n gals

A first proposed date for group training at Barmill could be this Sunday 17th about 10.30am. Don't know if the Ayrshire guys are up for it at short notice but I will propose this date provided there is some firm interest. Can anyone else confirm if they would be up for it this Sunday please.

thanks

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Guest EPCC

Really enjoyed the experience and thanks to Kenny have a vauge idea as to what i am trying to do will take advice and practice as often as pos but cant make Sunday as i will be in sunny pitlochry