Saturday April 18th Dunoon loop

Kenny Christie

Kenny,

I' am very tempted to join you (especially at a "very steady pace" Oh ya dancer ! ). I will confirm on Friday avo/Saturday morn if I will make it along.

A wee suggestion for the route would be to avoid the dual carriageway from Dumbarton to Balloch by turning off the A82 onto Glasgow Road and going through the centre of Dumbarton, crossing under the 82 into Alexandria and taking the back road to Cameron House Hotel. This puts you back onto the 82 at the Arden roundabout and avoids the crazy fast traffic on the dual carriageway without adding any real extra miles. Just a thought ;-) .

Colin Hello, beer !!

Colin - Kenny posted this as a Saturday run

Kenny which day is it? I may join you out to Balloch and back.

Also- best way to avoid the Dumbarton A82 section is to do the reverse of what we did last sunday. Stay on A82, turn right at last proper rbt ont road that is blocked off.

follow that through the blocked off bit onto the Bonhill road- there's a small hill then go through balloch by turning left at first proper rbt @ national park offices then right at the one for lomond shores. take exit onto no through road follow to duck bay and rejoin main road there. The A82 has a strip at the side and a loch side cyclepath and it's fine over to tarbert then arrochar - it's fine and not too scary

Other best way is via glen fruin- as above but left at arden then straight through the top of the hill rbt-

Personally I'd always avoid the Dumbarton helensburgh A814 section - it's an accident waiting to happen and way more scary than the strip @ the side of the A82

Anyway up to you- I'll call you Kenny if I can come along for a bit

ss

Confirm Saturday? Sunday?

Kenny i will tag along until helensburgh-ish , not quite up to 100 as of yet.

9 AM north side of bridge. 8-)

Good stuff Kev. You could do the century no bother 8-)

kenny it's 30 of my minutes to the bridge so if i am outside the house when you pass I'll come along for a bit

you should be along at???? my guess is 8.25-8.30?

ss

Simon, I will be passing your door around 8.25 am, be glad of the company.

:grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

A great run today! :grin: started with 4 kev, simon, kenny and Greg. At bonhill? ish simon left, then at Arden roundabout Kev left us for other duties. 8-)

Kenny and Myself carried on the planned route till Strachur where we had a cafe stop in the cafe, where all the cyclist last year made the seats wet. :lol::oops:

We then carried on till hunters quay and the western ferry and then split at the newark round about. 83 miles for me erskine bridge to my door.

Cheers

Greg

Yeah a great run today. A tail wind up the lochside, pit stop at Arrochar then up the hill.The weather was fantastic after the descent of the rest and be thankful. Sunshine! :grin:

A welcome coffee stop at Strachur then a bit of a headwind on the run into Dunoon with lashings more of the same on the Westferry. I hit the wall after you turned off Greg. I could have done with a tow up to the bridge.:oops:

I had planned on a steady run but we got round alot quicker than I had expected. My legs are louping to be honest.

Heres a link to today's ride stats. What it doesn't tell you is how long I hid behind Greg out of the wind. :lol:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8025008

Just cracked the 100 miles barrier! Oh ya dancer ! Good training for my upcoming sportives. 8-)