9.15 or 9.30 bunch

simon simpson

Apologies

The rain sounds so crap Al and I are going for 8-10 in the road rain; Milngavie - Crow Road: leaving my house 113 Clober 8 am (Kenny?) and back to ride the Knockie Buckle with the MTB crowd

Anyone interested in MTB tomorrow? St Andrews hall car park in the heart of Milngavie @ 10 am for off road fun for 4-6 hours- probably 4 as nobody seems to turn up there when the weather is poor!

ss

• Committee

Going to Glentress tomorrow for early morning red/black run.

Leaving Kilmacolm Cross by 0730. back by 1.30ish-ish-ish.

if you would like to come then please post here or PM by 2200 tonight. Can easily pick up BoW, Johnstone etc.

I have roof rack and will just chuck your bike on top and head off east.

Alan

:grin: Hi guys, sorry to hear about all that bad weather, not when yer playin a drum for a pipe band :shock: Bone dry we were....and seeing several bunches approach form north and south of gourock, i thought you were oot to check my excuse :-P yep dry but freeeeeeezn, how cold can it get when yer standin just listening ad not to move a muscle? reminded me of the polar bear cub joke.( hey da, ye sure am no a koala bear cos am freezin !) :oops: should be there next sun ,, if bbj manages the impossible and gets my bottom bracket re sleeved and re built....a sawing ,grinding, cutting , chisseling,and hammering job :angryfire to change to a triple ! cheers ian.

• Committee

Rode black run at Glentress today. Two east coast friends were honorary JWCC day members. What a great place.

Cold but clear with great views down the Tweed valley from the clearings. The trees provided shelter from the wind.

The route builders are adding lovely new sections all the time: more and more singletrack to take riders away from the boring vehicle roads. Big changes since my last visit over one year ago.

There is a huge freeride wall opening next week for the potty helmet brigade.

Four hours of classic riding in good weather amongst great scenery with cool cafe at the end.

Biking in Scotland in November, just magic.

A

• 2023 Subscriptions

Couldn't make the club run, or the CX race at Peebles today :-( . Had to content myself spending an hour and a half playing on the cross bikes at Linwood with Lewis this afternoon. Muddy, and er, muddy. :grin: Only fell off 3 times. :-P

BTW, the area we've been using for coaching and racing is really cut up. It now looks like Sebastien Loeb and his chums have been practicing there...

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim, Frank, Mike and Myself left Dennis at the club house, after he had unfortunately forgotten his shoes (although, maybe he just saw the dark clouds around)! ;-) He was probably thankfull as we were being battered by a heavy hail shower by the end of Miller Street!

We made it as far as the climb up through Howwood towards Bowfield, when Frank punctured. I'll spare the details, but lets just say that after taking the tyre off four times (original puncture, two broken valves and a split tube!) Frank was very nearly heading home, but thankfully decided to stay out.

Anyway, 45mins after leaving the club house we finally made it past Bowfield and headed into Ayrshire for a short tour of the backroads, which offered a bit of shelter from the strong wind. After a few roads I didn't know, we arrived at Barmill and did the APR circuit backwards. The decision was then to head down towards the cycle track and generally start heading back towards the Johnstone with the wind.

Having hardly done anything on the bike for a month or so, I decided to leave the guys at Longbar and headed for home.

Good short day out, with good company.

Ramsay

I went to Muirshiel Country Park on my KTB (knobbly-tyre bike) and spent a couple of hours messing about on the Windy Hill trails, the mine track etc while listening to "Norwegian Black Metal Party Mix" on my iPod.

Bumped into Jim/Frank/Mike on the way home along the cycle track, good to see you again guys :grin::grin: