9am Thirty Milers - 24th August

gregbalden

:-( i

hi guys as youcan see from the posting time, twas a late gig... so will not make nine, half past or any other a.m. time :shock: .may take late afternoon or early evening twenty fiveish, weather being ok.....any takers for the pedal for scotland run on sun 14th sept..i received my nos fri post (39) then recvd second lot on sat post (309) ??? bbj .. john duffy taking one set and hopes that a number of others will join to make larger group,,could we have a good jwcc representation :!: all for a great cause.. ??

have a good one .. Hello, beer !!

• Members

Smaller group this week but 4 new/old faces in the bunch.

John J , Malcolm and Sarah were joined by old faces Neil and Davie Weir. With newcomers Jan and Colin along for a tough start to the run.The climb thru Kilbarchan to Clochoderick stone stretched a few muscles in the bunch. It was a baptism of fire for Jan who rode brilliantly on her first run. She opted to join Renfreshires newest womens only club for a pedal back to Johnstone at Lochwinnoch. Hope to see her out regulary over winter.

From Lochwinnoch we headed over the super smooth climb past the golf course over to Maich fishery and Kilbirnie. The wall at Glengarnock took us over to Dalry and onto admiralty circuit dropping into Barrmill and back roads over to Greenacres . More back roads to drop into Johnstone via mount top.

Good wee run with enough climbs to give sore legs .

Excellent efforts from newbies Colin and Jan Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Good to see Big Davie and Neil back in the saddle Hello, beer !!

Looking forward to big winter bunches this year ;-) with plenty of wheels to hang.

ps The newest all womens cycling club is called :- Quarriers sexy sprinters :shock: and a fine group of females they are . Watch out for them on the road or in the cafe stops.

• Administrators

You seem like to decent bunch so I'll be back for more some other Sunday but probably not until after Pedal for Scotland.

Thanks to the guys who encouraged me up the hills.

It was a much easier ride back from Lochwinnoch after a coffee stop :grin:

Good to see Big Davie and Neil back in the saddle

I headed down through Howwood as I had to be back home for the back of 12:00 instead of blowing totally over mount top.

Good to be back on the back roads of Renfrewshire complete with the grass and other guff in the middle of the road. Oh ya dancer !

Now if only the legs thought the same way and I can avoid yo-yoing off the back quite so much :shock: