Criteriums in Glasgow 15-9-07

Guest Jim Daly

• Committee

Just received list of entries for Saturday from organiser, Tom Forbes. In the noddy race JWCC is represented by Chung, Russell, Jim and me. Paul McD is with the grown-ups in the proper support race. Good luck Paul.

There are twenty-three entries so far. Only ten Cat 4/vets. If we could get another couple of club members we will have a real team. Highly recommended some more of you join us for the forty minute race. Old blokes who fancy road racing, you know who you are...

Only a couple of ladies so far, and there are prizes down to third place in all categories.

PM me if you can't find the SC links, they're a bit opaque.

Regards

Alan

I've just emailed Tom Forbes asking if I can still enter (the SCU calendar entry says no entries on the day but presumably that only applies to the proper races and not the diddy one.) I've given Tom my details and said I will bring my tenner with me on the day.

Hope to see you all on Saturday morning then.

Guest Jim Daly

Having had a look at the entry list, the main thing is to be really warmed up and ready to GO!

Protect your front wheel: be aware that any rear wheel in front of you could switch without warning.

I'm sure that we will all meet up at the sign on, well in advance of the race. :smash

There are only two more days to get your entries in for the youths and support races forming part of the Glasgow Grand Prix and Scottish Criterium Championship. Due to Tour of Britain photo-finish technical requirements there will no longer be entry-on-the line available on the morning of the 15th September. Any rider wishing to enter should contact events organiser Tom Forbes (07932573328). Riders are also reminded to arrive early as frame numbers will be in use for all events which need time to be fitted to each machine. Parking is available in the Glasgow Green Football Centre on Kings Drive and entry to the Green is immediately opposite the Football Centre. Sign-on will take place at the Glasgow Green Works Depot at the 'Barras' end of the Green to the north of the Peoples Palace. Racing begins at 11.15 am with the youths event, 12.00 noon for the support race and 1.00pm for the Criterium Championship. Sign-on closes 15 minutes prior to each event and will strickly adhered to.

I have just got back from a briefing for all volunteers for Saturday's crit. I will be one of the clerks of the course, which basically means it will be my responsibility to gather all riders at the start line before their respective race begins, riders will be given 15 minutes warm up on the actual course before the race start, and then will start off with one free lap round the course to organise themselves into a bunch and then you are off. There are 14 clubs participating in the support race, Stirling BC have 6 riders, Johnstone and Bicycle Works Edinburgh both have 5 riders, there will also be two riders from across the water, Ballemena RC-Scotts taking part . The course is approx 1km long forming a square and travels in a clockwise direction, so thats four right turns. The finish line is the same one to be used by the Tour riders and will be using the photo finish equipment, so remember to smile as you cross the line!! Any rider who is lapped by the bunch will be pulled from the race, ( I know this info will not apply to the Joansin riders). I have seen the jersey that will be given to each race winner, it is white with the Glasgow Commonwealth Games logo emblazoned on the chest, it looks really impressive. The very best of luck to all those taking part and give yourself plenty of time for the sign on, and try not to give me a hard time at the start line.

Davie Raymond

• Committee

Stall the start guys!

Domestic emergency may stop me competing (Son unexpectedly picked for footie team).

I'm leaving Lochwinnoch at 1100 enroute for Glasgow Green by 1135(?).

If I'm not signed on by closing time (1145) then one of you lurkers are welcome to my place. All paid up, I don't need the entry fee back.

(Anyway it will be p***ing doon.)

A

• Committee

Great racing.

38 starters.

JWCC represented by Jim, Simon, Russell, Chung and me.

hats off to:

1st Aaron Murray, velo Ecosse 41'13",

2nd Hamish McLean, bicycle works

3rd Graeme Cockburn, Ivy.

(We never saw them after the first lap)

Jim Daly and I hung on in the chasing group and finished in a bunch.

Me and Jim 12th and 15th respectively at 53".

Bit wet. Exciting corners. Managed to clip a barrier but stayed upright.

Nice to see so much support but some of you should really have been racing. You know who you are. :lol:

Regards

Alan