BASE TRAINING WINTER RUNS

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Its Christmas and I hope you all have a merry one :D

Time to be thinking about the steady winter miles - I'm sure it was uppermost on all your minds. :oops:

Anyway last year JIm B, Ian M, Darryl and I had a few runs leaving Bridge of Weir garage at 9.30am and going steady round the coast to Largs, then hard up the Heely, regroup and ride back in. Average about 18mph. It was excellent in the cold dry days last Christmas.

So all are welcome - I propose Saturday 28th as a first one. Anyone up for it?

PMcD

• 2023 Subscriptions

The BOW garage is at the end of the B790 Houston road 'T' junction where it intersects with the A761 BOW - Kilmacolm road. It's right in the centre of BOW.

Got 7 so far - hope to see a few of you on Saturday.

A very merry Christmas :lol::lol:

PMcD

ps - I asked Santa for ksyrium's and I've been very very good so I'm hopeful

Thouroughly enjoyed these runs last year and hope to make it on 28th . What about Glengarnock ? when will that be kicking of this year? Could we start it a wee bit later and let it run on a bit further into the year?

See you all Saturday and hope you all have a great Christmas.

Cheers

Jim B

• 2024 Subscriptions
Its Christmas and I hope you all have a merry one :D

Time to be thinking about the steady winter miles - I'm sure it was uppermost on all your minds. :oops:

Anyway last year JIm B, Ian M, Darryl and I had a few runs leaving Bridge of Weir garage at 9.30am and going steady round the coast to Largs, then hard up the Heely, regroup and ride back in. Average about 18mph. It was excellent in the cold dry days last Christmas.

So all are welcome - I propose Saturday 28th as a first one. Anyone up for it?

PMcD

just in case there is any confusion over the coast run proposed by Paul. We did it today, even though it actually says the 28th.

Good run too :)

McG

• 2023 Subscriptions

Many apologies for the confusion - I wrote Saturday 28th when of course Saturday was 27th :oops::oops::oops:

Anyway - 5 participants - Darryl, Stuart D, Davy (McKellar?), Sean and meeself got round the coast with not a drop of rain or sleet - this was a very pleasant surprise because when I left Lochwinnoch at 9am I had to cycle along the main street through about 1/2 inch of slush!! which then disappeared once up the Johnshill.

It was an excellent run. :lol::lol:

With the grim weather forecast for Monday I propose Tuesday 1.30pm at Howwood Inn for 2 / 2.5 hours of BASE TRAINING WINTER RUNS round Beith - Kilwinning etc. Any takers? :?

PMcD