Arran Requirements.

Dougie Da Rosa

• 2024 Subscriptions

Yer right Dougie.

Are Simon and Martin organising the catering this year, again? Would be great if they would, but we can't expect that they will.

Simon, Martin. Are you happy to do that, or should we all go shopping?

Alternative is to go to the pub and to hell with the cooking :lol:

I'll bring Tea, Good Coffee, dried milk and mueseli for breakfast anyway and I'll be going the short way :lol:

All meet at 8.30am on Sat morning?

ciao

DG

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just spoken with the Jdub's answer to nick nairn, and the menu is under control, as long as you're not a veggie that is. Simon is exec chef, I'll go sous chef, and the rest of you are kitchen lackies. :smash Expect italian scoff till it's coming out of your ears.

As far as getting there, happy to take the direct route. 8:00 am departure sounds fine, especially as we might need to push SS up the Dalry hill if he's fully laden. ;-)

Howie - are you still up for the day trip? if so, we'll pick you up on the track at Lochwinnoch. You can plan your return journey at http://www.calmac.co.uk/summer-arran-timetable2.html

Did you see that URL, by the way? Summer timetable. 8-) Remember the factor 30!

Can we confirm there are no special dietary requirements...

Food has been arranged.. no need for anyone to carry anything... we'll get heavy stuff on the second pass through Brodick later that day (and anyway I think the hostel sells milk ...I will phone ahead to ask but if not we can do that in Brodick)

ss

Martin,

yes I'm definitely up for coming along for the day trip! Should be enough time to get round the island and catch the 16:40 boat back. Even if I would miss that one there's another one later anyway.

I think the best would be to join up with you guys on the cycle track at Lochwinnoch. See you all then.

Spoke to Frank today after he nearly knocked me down as we approached each other at 3 mph,me on bike,him in Lexus!!! He really should buy a Jaguar I think!!! He will probably join us right enough at weekend at some point,he looks fit and well,we better watch out,he looks like he could drink a fair few coffees!!!!!

Well it seems the seven week training programme that Martin set me has worked

Anyone at the hill climb last week or at the club on Tuesday night wouldn't have failed to notice that I'm just about in top condition ahead of the weekend

Unfortunately, as the top athletes and Dougie ;-) will know, there's a thin line between peak condition and susceptibility to illness and the flu has kicked in forcing me to pull out of the trip :cry:

Given the above I’ve decided to forget the training, increase the consumption of beer, wine and curry in the hope that I’ll be able to get out on the bike again soon

Leaving myself open here but can you let me know if I owe anything due to the cancellation.

Enjoy the weekend guys Hello, beer !!Oh ya dancer !

Well Kenny its lucky I've only got six 1/2 bottles of wine this year...get on that bike you!

Food and wine purchased will cover 3 course cyclists dinner and breakfast with only milk and bread to be bought at co-op.. approx cost inc wine £10

Post if you will be on beer only or don't eat pig

a domani

Simon Simoni

Have a good weekend guys. Sorry I won't be able to join you. I phoned Simon earlier in the week to let him know my knee's all swelt up :shock: I'd hoped it might settle down in time for a few beers.......em sorry a few miles round the island...... but I think I'd be struggling to get round Cumbrae at the moment never mind Arran. Have a good one.

Simon - let me know how much I owe you and I'll get it in the post (and I'm sure it's not as much as the £100 Kenny S owes you!)

SH