Erskine Century Ride - 6th August 2006

KennyS

The Erskine Century Ride (aka Harry's Hunner) will take place on Sunday 6th August 2006 with a 9am start.

This event raised in the region of £400 for the Erskine Hospital last year.

Leaving from Erskine the run will cross the Erskine Bridge, join the A82 through Dumbarton, along the banks of Loch Lomond to Tarbet before crossing over to Arrochar. The route then takes in the drag over The Rest And Be Thankful before turning off for St Catherines, Strachur, Loch Eck, Dunoon and a well-earned stop at Innellan. Retracing the route back to Hunters Quay, board the Western Ferry for the crossing to Gourock and then onto the home straight, through Greenock, Port Glasgow, Langbank and Bishopton to Erskine. 100 miles in all !!!! (or 91 if you head straight for the ferry instead of Innellan)

Entry will be £8 with all 'profits' going to Erskine Hospital.

Tea and coffee will be available at the start with reasonably priced snacks and / or BBQ (weather permitting) from 4.30pm ‘til 6.30pm to raise further funds at the finish. Order form at start for food.

Contact Kenny Steele on 07879 890985 or by e-mail at [email protected] for more details.

Please post below if you intend riding this event

• 3 weeks later...
Just registered in the bunch, looking forward to the Dunoon ride, can anyone tell me how/where i register, thats if i need to, handy thing is the start/finish is only a mile from the house, can't decide whether to get a taxi or hang on for a bus though.

cheers

Welcome to The Bunch.

The Century Ride leaves and finishes at Erskine Hospital, or Erskine, as it is called now. The exact location is still to be confirmed but is likely to be one of the buildings next to the Garden Centre in the grounds.

You don't have to pre-enter, just turn up on the day and pay your entry fee by cash or cheque, although it would be helpful if those planning on riding could either post on here or contact me so that we have some idea of numbers

Don't leave it until August though. Try and get along to the club rooms in Johnstone on a Sunday morning (9:30) start for a 'leisurely' run

Cheers, KennyS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest news on the Erskine Century Ride is that there will be a Masseur (recomended personally by Dougie Da Rosa) at the finish who will be giving rub-downs for a few quid.

A nice wee leg loosener for those just back from up north. If you're still looking for something to do on Sunday why not get yourself down to Erskine Hospital and ride the Hunner.

Hoping to set the first group off at 9am sharp

Further details at

http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2395

Cheers, KennyS

Normally I'm late but today I was early!!

Went out to Erskine for 9 a.m. and found only 2 furniture vans and no cyclists.... thought I might have misread the start location...

anyway I rode to Bowling and knee misery prevented further distance..so just as well really I suppose..oh well best pack the car for holiday

enjoy the ride

ss

• 4 weeks later...