League 10 #1 West Ferry - Thursday May 4th 18.45

KennyS

Demonstrating amazing foresight, those that be, in setting out the confined calendar, anticipated the 2 week closure of the Georgetown Road and listed the first League 10 event at Westferry just in time for next Thursday

Unfortunately yours truly has a lack of the aforementioned foresight and has managed to arrange a solo car drive from Birmingham to Erskine on the same evening :cry:

The National 10 TT is on the same course at the end of May so here's the ideal opportunity to get acquainted with the course.

Any volunteers for time-keeping please post here

Hi Alan

League ten is a series of ten mile individual time trial races over the course of the season. There are seven races in total. In addition there is the club 10 mile tt championship held this year on Tues 23rd May (The "Frank Lauder"). If I remember correctly the league ten is a handicapped league and as such is absolutely suited for all club members, young, old, new, slow and fast. There are prizes for both the league ten and the Frank Lauder at the annual presentation dance.

The course is the West Ferry course. The start is under the railway bridge on the A8 at the roundabout at the end of the M8 (signpost Bishopton - this is the roundabout which seperates the M8 from its continuation as the A8). Course goes up onto the dual carriageway straight through first roundabout at Langbank, straight through second roundabout (Woodhall) and turn at third roundabout (Newark). Retrace to exit for Bishopton finishing on off ramp (do not miss this turn off or you will then be on the motorway!)

Hope you can make it.

Cheers

SH

• Committee

Thanks Stephen

I've been sucked into some kind of family, vortex nightmare thing.

My wife's at tennis that night and I'm taking my daughter to Brownie's. My nice new JW jersey must remain unworn another week.

Please cheer me up; does anyone know how much is being done to the Georgetown Road? Is it all being resurfaced? How smooooooth will it be?

The League 10 series kicked off in blustery conditions with the wind providing an unusual push to the turn and an unwelcome struggle back. :-(

7 triallist rode the event and Alan King kindly travelled a huge distance to keep time - well ok he actually left his gear at home :smash

Despite the conditions there were some notable rides and at least one PB - can entrants please PM me their previous best 10 time as this is a handicap event.

Fastest on the day were,

1. Jim Daly, 22.38 PB

2. Euan McKay, 23.03

All the times,

Alan Holmes, 23.07

Ian Manson, 23.05

Katrina Hair, 23.29

John Anderson, 25.53

Euan McKay, 23.03

Jim Daly, 22.38

Mick Ferguson, 25.29

See you all next week for more of the same.

Thanks again to Alan for keeping time and Kenny Steele for immoral guidance :oops:

Nice work all round guys!

Sorry i didnt get to join you. A bit on the late side leaving glasgow resulted in getting stuck in nose to tail traffic on great western road, remaining stuck in said traffic, and then remaining stuck in said traffic for a little longer, until about 6.30, when i realised i was not going to get there even remotely on time, so i went home and attached myself to the turbo instead to pay my penance!

See you all soon i hope. One exam to go and the hopefully normality will return!!! Oh ya dancer !