Strava issues

ginty001

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced the following issues with Strava.. 

My iPhone 6S is always fully charged when I set off, but the past few rides I've had, there have been sections that just haven't recorded( just shows a straight line on the map) ie, on this mornings commute I travelled 12 miles, although Strava says only 1.8miles, with a max speed of 16.6mph and an average speed of 164.4mph ( Ohyadancer!) and an overall time of 41 secs with a huge 8 calories burnt. Would hate to see my calories burnt figures if I was averaging less than a 100mph..

i'm guessing it's an iPhone update that's causing it, just want to know if anyone else has come across it..

• 2023 Subscriptions

1. Turn off your location services and back on again in settings (Check strava is  on list as always or while using in location services)

It that doesn't fix it try

2. Remove and re-install strava app

last option

3.  Raise a ticket with Strava(they are really fast and helpful) here

• 2023 Subscriptions

I use Android, but have had similar problems in the past with old phones that I put down to the phone being to 'busy' doing other things.  I found that making sure it didn't have to many apps running in the background, switching of the wifi, and making sure it had lots of memory helped. 

On Android there are lots of apps that can record record your ride for you and then upload it to Strava when you finish - I assume there are similar ones for Apple.  They can also work as a cycle computer with a suitable handlebar mount.  you could buy several good Android devices for the price of a Garmin and then choose with apps to record you rides on based on your favorite on the day.  :grin: