Coaching

BrianS

• Members

I have been asked by Kenny to do a few coaching nights at the clubrooms. 1st one is this Friday. I would like to get a bit of feedback on who will be attending and what level you are currently at. Numbers are required in order for me to prepare. I would also like to know what topics individuals would like to cover - from bike positions to planning meso cycles. All comments welcome.

• Members

As this is what you have been asking for for some time , I hope to see a good turnout this Friday. Brian is giving up his time and will answer all questions to best of his extremely experienced ability.

He will be taking donations to the Braveheart fund on the night so bring a donation and ask a question.

I have opened these nights up to general public via SCU website so be early to avoid dissapointment.

I will open up at 6:45pm session begins 7:00pm

Further dates to be confirmed.

Also I have received copies of the Boardman v Obree tv programmes , and will collate into one tape. A film show in aid of Braveheart fund has been requested in near future.

Brian, thanks for giving up your time to help.

Kenny, well done on your efforts to organise this type of thing.

I will be along on Friday at 6.45. Whilst I dont have specific questions, like a number of other JWCC members, I am new to the sport and maybe generally a view of training programmes and target setting for a first year competitor in TT, APR and RR may have a wider appeal,,,,, only my view.

Hi Brian,

Its great your doing this, thanks for organising this Kenny :)

If during the season I have an important event coming up, and my training has slipped, how realistic is it that I can bounce back to fitness in time? What should I do without overtraining, how much lead time is realistic (2 / 3 / 4 weeks??) I think this would be helpful to most people who have other commitments (or illness) during the season.

SD

• Members

Scott

I hope you will turn up on Friday to get the answer to these questions.

Brian has a limited time scale due to various commitments. Therefore he wont be answering questions via the bunch on a regular basis . These nights are the platform to ask general questions re training etc. He unfortunately cant get involved in personal coaching and will be doing generic coaching , but will answer individual questions at the forums.

• Members

In any other career people pay for experience. Coaching is a career for many and pays the bills. I have chosen not to contract any riders at this moment in time but things may change in the future. There are many benefits from personal coaching and i would encourage this.

On Friday my goal is to get to know the attendees and set a plan for future topics. I will try to cover every general topic throughout the winter months. I can only advise that all questions be relevant to the topic on the night.

My guess is that the people attending will be across a wide range of capabilities so i will be starting with the basics and building up everyones knowledge. If you have some knowledge then i can advise that you can always learn new tricks. When you stop learning you stop performing as well.

Can i ask everyone to bring their bikes on Friday. Basics start with bike positions with this having a great effect on power efficiency. If you have read Graeme O'Bree book then you will understand how important this is.

See you all on Friday

Remember your pads and pens.