Club 2-Up Champs

man5e

The 2-Up Championship will take place on Saturday 21 January at the Georgetown Road circuit with a 11am start.

Can those interested in participating please indicate on this thread.

Myself and Kenny Steele have volunteered to officiate but we need some entrants --- its your absolutely last chance to pick up a (nother) prize at the dance later that day. Hello, beer !!

Also, we have 2 stop watches and no idea of their current whereabouts, Campbell, Stevie, Dave McK,,, any ideas???

Guest Jim Daly

I fancy taking part. Is this for fun on a winter bike, or a more serious affair requiring full carbon and skin suits? My 2up partner is still recuperating from a year old golfing(!) injury. So, I need to forge a new alliance. Anyone for tennis?

Courtesy of a well known local haulier, a quote from Stevie a year ago seems paricularly relevant: "some of the george tn rd is in very bad condition. i ride this rd twice a day every day! I know exactly where all the "NEW" potholes are but for other who are not aware of this can get into serious problems if they are going at full pelt/malky. If we do go ahead then all i can say is that i would follow the advice Sean Gray gave me last year and glue yourself to the middle of the rd. "

For handicap(?) my best 10 on the drops is 25:31on 18th Aug 05.

Cheers, Jim

Thanks all for the advance entries and Campbell for the prompt on 10 times. It is a handicap competition so best 10 (or Dave 7.5m,, or whatever times I will need beforehand),,, this is best time this or previous 3 seasons :-?

Jim,

Its a club championship,,, of course its fun :shock:

Hmmm...as you aluded to i have no pb 10 time, so i guess its the 21.14 on the 9mile-ish Drybridge circuit at the Christmas Cracker.

Dave based on your time in the Xmas Cracker in comparison to Alan's time and his 10 PB (of 22.55) your handicap time is 23.45.

Im sure it wont be next year at this time though ;-)

The finish teams for the participants were as follows,

Kenny Steele

Jim Daly 22.47

Pete Bennell

Harry Blane 19.37

George Hamilton

Campbell Crombie 16.42

Alan Holmes

Dave Leonard 16.55

Martin (solo) 29.29

Fastest on what was an excellent day weather-wise were George and Campbell but as wee all now know it is a handicap competition.

Winners to be revealed at the dance later on,,,, :lol: