Sunday 15th May - Kilcreggan

chung

• Life Members

Thanks to everyone that turned up today for the run, despite the fact it was a late posting.

I counted 13 Wheelers from the bridge, I like to think that it was my charming personality that brought everyone out today or to see my lovely "new toy" :grin: But the truth of the matter is the weather was lovely for a bike ride ;-) .........fact!

Alan Mclean, AllanM, Andrew, Boyd, Campbell, Eric, Graham, Iain (JanUllrich), Paul C, Paul (LA_Guns), Peter,  Ritchie & myself made up a fair size bunch & off we went towards Helensburgh, then Rhu & the bunch split just at the Farslane roundabout where Boyd, Graham, Paul & Ritchie opted for an earlier café stop at Garelochhead to leave the rest of us 9 heading round the peninsula climbing & descending our way towards Kilcreggan.

A planned & welcome café stop enable everyone to refuel & Doctor McLean doing his very best to pitch & recruit more DA'ers (Paul will be proud of his effort :grin:)​ for next Saturday. I wonder how many he's persuaded? ;)

After the café at Kilcreggan, it was a rather brisk ride to the foot of Cote de Glen Fruinn, where upon everyone climb at their own pace to the top. No rush really as Doc McLean had his 2nd puncture of the day on the way up which he was fixing at the top & Andrew also notice his crank was coming loose as we were about to set off. A quick check confirm that his crank axle was cracked, but luckily it was still ride-able .......... thank your lucky star & time for a NEW BIKE I think!

Another quick blast back to the bridge with everyone taking good spells at the front for what was a lovely day of cycling in good weather & great company as always!

Hope everyone got home ok without too much issue or mechanicals!

Thanks again for the wheels & more of the same please

P.S Campbell, any chance of posting some of your photos?

Cheers

Chung

Good day indeed.

First time I've done any pedalling since Flanders 6 weeks ago and also on my Ribble as my Giant is in the shop.

Cafe stop in garelochhead with Graham, Paul and Boyd before up Glen Fruin.

Took the cycle path route from Balloch all the way to Bowling which was a nice ride.

The time off the bike started to tell but Paul was good enough to tow me along the Georgetown.

Hopefully won't leave it another 6 weeks!

Downside of today...couldn't find me nice new Garmin 520 at home. Remembered chucking it in the boot of the car.

Also remembered trying to put the rear seat back up but it wouldn't go!

Well...it did go after the 4th slam!

Yep...Garmin crushed :(

Cracked screen and the screen isn't viewable.

Waiting to see if Garmin can repair it.