Track league 23rd March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Quick night in the C's tonight with all the youths bundled in with the grown ups. Picked up a 5th place in the 12 lap scratch, out after about 6 laps of the devil when my legs surrendered and hung on for mid bunch finishes in the other 2 races. A wee bit disappointed, but still a good night.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done Alan. And Jan who got a 2nd in the scratch tonight. And Matti who had some results in the DA group too. Very mixed bag to end the track season for me. Got on podium at last with a 3rd in the Devil, when it got down to last three which was me and 2 'could be grandchildren' I was breathing out my posterior so I thought I'll bluff them and take them right up the track. Didn't work, they started to sprint and I was just an observer! Was nowhere in the subsequent races but a very high quality workout as always.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good night to finish off the track season, finally won a sprint! Well the heat at least, usual disaster in the final! Devil was ok for the first bit then quickly out the back - from a decent position to last man within about a half lap! Scratch was better, didnt really do any work until late on, could have timed my sprint a bit better but happy with the 2nd. Points, was 3rd in the first, then made a big effort for the second but got caught then didnt contest any others. Bonus race at the end unknown distance (although it wasnt that unknown as we knew when there were 10 laps remaining). Found myself on the the front with 5 to go, far too early but gave it a go, got overtaken by a few on the final lap.