South Lanarkshire CX Series 2016

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

4 more races for next year... These look like good ones for anyone wanting to try a CX Race out... Lots of support for Jets and Wheelers if you do :)

http://www.entrycentral.com/south-lanarkshire-cx-series1

New for 2016 a fantastic series of 4 races set in two superb locations with challenging terrain.

Chatelherault is a prestigious country park and will offer an amazing circuit in a stunning setting. The course is just over 1mile and includes gravel, stairs, short climbs, hurdles, grass and mud, focused (and finishes) around the main house so great for spectators.

Lanark Moor cycle trails incorparating Lanark racecourse is a cyclocross riders dirty dream and will put a nasty smile on your face! Course just over 1 mile includes grass, hurdles, cycle trails, log jumps, nasty steep short climbs and more mud!

How it works

Brand new Cyclocross series-easily accessible venues around South Lanarkshire in a series format with series points and overall series prizes.

Technical, fast circuits should produce a fantastic race experience for all levels of riders.

Our aim is to have 4 races over 2 events (2 at each)..why? So riders who participate in all races are familair with the courses and can not only guage their fitness from previous races but get to know the circuits so they can really nail it!

The format

The series will consist of 4 races across January, February and March 2016. Each race will include several categories from youths to Vets and everything in between.

U12 12 mins plus 1 lap (sporting course)  10.30am start

U16 30 mins plus 1 lap (sporting course)  11.00am start

Vets/Women 55 mins plus 1 lap  12.15pm start

Senior 55 mins plus 1 lap  1.30pm start

• 1 month later...

Paul,

If you are expecting to see me at the race today won't be there. I am on the mend and 95% there but  just can't seem to shift the last of a cold I have been suffering, I was leaving my decision to this morning but in the circumstances I think racing today would be a BAD decision. 

Off to e-mail the organiser.

If you race today enjoy.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

No worries Davie hope you are ok for next week! I really liked the course... It was freezing, snowing and muddy(puddles). I was doing well for the first few laps holding a good position but it was going to be a long haul, it had a wee forest climb that had most people walking, I tried ride up it(almost) and gained some places here, but I think I was going to pay later for the efforts. Then my crank fell off just as I past the pits... not that I could have done anything as I left the spare bike at home haha... No heroics from me running for the last 20mins :) My first DNF of the season, looking forward to racing that course again.

a few places left for the next 3 races afaik, if anyone wanted to try out CX I would highly recommend this course as not too technical and alot of fun

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Good to see Mike and James there today, was a new course with added ramps and climbs(much better). Bit of snow and wind but wasn't to bad, I got a good start but no idea where I finished, Had a three way sprint for the finish line for an irellevant placing, which was fun!

Pity you didn't make it Davie you would have like this one, see you next week

P