Saturday 9th January 2016

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just a heads up there is going to be some racing on the 9th January. Usual A,B,C and youth groups but it will be considered to be an open event rather than part of the track league.

Schedule will likely be scratch, points, devil and Australian pursuit and i think will be scored like an omnium.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

It is open for entries now, schedule has been altered a bit - the Australian pursuit had to be dropped as it was going to require too many officials and helpers to start properly, which is a shame as it sounded like chaotic fun. Been replaced with a Keirin for the A and B and a Course de Primes for the C and Youth

A - Keirin - Olympic Devil - 60 lap points - 40 lap scratch

B - Keirin - Olympic Devil - 50 lap points - 40 lap scratch

C - 15 lap Course de Primes - Devil - 25 lap points - 30 lap scratch

Youth - 10 lap Course de Primes - Devil -  15 lap points - 10 lap scratch

• 2023 Subscriptions

Shame you missed it Paul just the sort of leg bender you like so much!

An afternoon of 2 halves - first up a keirin, last man when the derny pulled off , was feeling alright though...rider that was 3rd was struggling and let a gap grow, pulled up onto the blue and chucked it...then swung back down to the red as i was going through, had to stall and couldnt then close the gap. After this the A+B groups were combined due to low number in the A group, and a devil...my usual awful performance, i think im getting worse at them. Next was a scratch, decent pace with riders getting lapped but managed to finish in the front group for the sprint (i didnt have the legs to contest it though). Points, should have tried to bridge when a break of 3 went but didnt - just before they got their lap on everyone else i went through hard hoping someone would come with me but no-one did, stuck on my own for a bit then got pipped on the line to 2nd the next sprint. Hanging on after that. Final race was an unknown distance scratch, first time doing that for me which and it was fun - gambled on the race finishing and was off the front with Matti and another guy for a few laps, unfortunately the race continued beyond our time out front! Was too far back when the lap board went up with 2 to go.