Arran 1/2 October Lochranza youth hostel final Arrangements

simon simpson

I have discussed with Martin catering etc and we have come up with the following

Dinner

Main Course Pasta and salad

Pudding : Beer in Lochranza hotel

Breakfast: weetabix

Martin and I will co-ordinate and supply this: veggies and weird eaters note this also

All club members are welcome bit......

WE NEED FINAL CONFIRMATION OF NUMBERS BY TUESDAY EVENING

thanks

SS

• 2024 Subscriptions
hi there

see you at the clubrooms at 10 to 8. Good weather forecast, no? brodick is expecting 29mph north westerlies and showers.

keep yourself updated at http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2316

cheers

m

light showers and sunshine with a slight reduction in expected windspeed - 20mph. Ideal conditions no? :lol: Sunday cloudy but dry Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Remember the year before last? Similar forecast but a great weekend nonetheless

see you Sat.

Hello, beer !!

Darryl

• 2023 Subscriptions
I make that 11 riders..assuming that's eleven eaters....... anyone who doesn't want a pasta meal please post so I can cut down on quantities...I've only got 8 bottles of wine.......

ss

simon, thought you were only going to buy the wine in tarbert? or doe sthis mean you've changed plans and are joining us in johnstone?

I've got a bottle, plus a corkscrew, in my bag

cu tomorrow

m

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Superb organisation by Darryl

Superb food by Simon and Martin

Superb company in Alan, Scott and Kenny

and a truly astonishing performance from Simon in riding from Glasgow to Lochranza with an unfeasibly heavy load on his bike then riding round the island in the afternoon :shock::shock::shock: - no he didn't actually ride over the water from Ardrossan to Brodick.

Great fun all round...........Alan topping at over 53mph down the string, Kenny doing an excellent ride up the string to make the 11.05 ferry, Scott saying to me as the gradient eased from 10% to 5% in a 30mph headwind "its ok, its flatter now", my reply cannot be posted on a public forum :!: ..... and many more.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Maybe someone will do a full report but my abbreviated report is

Quiet roads, fine accomodation, my first 'real hills', great climbs, fantastic descents (a herd of deer across my path on the first), 30mph tailwinds, 30.5mph headwinds, fresh food delivered to the door excellently prepared and washed down with copious amounts of well travelled wine, horizontal rain, even more rain, fine music from a travelling minstrel at the local establishment, more headwinds, fantastic company, a baggage collection service and a 'nice' stretch of the legs on a sunday morning before heading back to the boat. Thanks for a great weekend guys. Was still on a high on the way to work this morning

To All,

Get yourselves signed up for the next excursion. Details will be posted soon, no doubt.

Kenny

(Saving for a triple :oops: )

Fantastic weekend

Nor sure if this is the end of my season or the start of my winter training. This years preparation was the Don Smith at the start of the year and the effort really paid off.

Great company

Fine wine

Tasty food

Cracking beer

Head winds on the flat and up hill (honest)

Descents to make it all worth while

if you missed it you're a fool

If you are thinking of joining us next year get your name down and start negotiating at home for what will be one of the best weekends of the year.