new team to cheer for in tdf

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Maybe easier if you're a buddie at that.

mtn-qhubeka led by JW's very own Brian Smith have been awarded a place in the tour. brilliant news, 'mon the Joansin

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/smith-emotional-after-mtn-qhubeka-gets-tour-de-france-wildcard

• Life Members

Hi Martin,

That's fantastic! (Not so sure about the kit though ;-))

I've never really been one to cheer on teams when it comes to watching cycling, however this will be different.

I had the pleasure of riding with the man himself (before he was a EuroSport pundit) in a Johnstone Wheelers Club Run when I first started out with the club, he was an absolute gent. Chewing the fat with Kenny MacDonald and sharing advise with us mere mortals on Bjarne Riis latest training secrets, obviously I hadn't a clue what he was saying at the time :-)

I still remember on the way into Miller Street, he chasing me down but he didn't catch me ;-) OK, I was in my car at the time. But it was cool nonetheless!

Will definitely be watching with great interest!

Cheers

Chung

Fantastic. I'm a fan of team Rwanda and hope maybe to see one of their ex riders Adrien Niyonshuti riding the tour. I had a great time cheering Rwanda at the games Didn't last long sadly). I highly recommend Rising From The Ashes documentary and have a copy if anyone wants to see it.