3rd december

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Back in the Bs this week (or B1 as there were 2 B groups). First up 16 lap scratch, went with 4 laps to go but my legs went on the back straight and i got swamped. Next a 40 lap 'silent' points race, was comfortable enough in the group but didnt contest any sprints. Next was a combined devil / scratch race with 2 riders being eliminated every 4 laps. Sounded fun but confusing too. Unfortunately didnt get to enjoy it as was eliminated in the first round getting boxed in, hadnt had time to break into a sweat yet!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good to see 4 wheelers and a few jets as always at the track tonight. For me it was nice to be able to finish races in the mix after the first night back last time when I got truly rumped. Best shot was a 5th on the short 16 lap opener. Hopefully track legs broken in again.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

12 lap sprint to start with saw me in a great position with 2 laps to go, then got swamped. Picked up the third sprint in the points race, well chuffed with that. No one came through though, and I spent 5 laps dawdling at the front. By the time I worked out that maybe I should have just gone for it in a blaze of glory, the bunch caught and passed me. Oh well. The devil/scratch race in as strange, this time my legs giving up after 7 laps. That'll teach me to sprint at my age.

Good fun tonight.