Auchentoshan 2/11/14

Alan McLean

• Committee

I was working so could only spectate. Lovely fresh weather and dappled sun lit up the classic autumn course.

A great turnout from Jets and the more mature gentleman riders but I only saw Davie entered in the seniors.

The first races did not cross the ravine of doom so the parcours was very fast with surprisingly little mud given the recent rain.

The best vantage point was the top of the big berm, about 25m of 30% muddy grass. I joined the layabouts cheering the very few who could ride to the top and commiserating with the riders who ran out of steam one pedal stroke from safety.

Big chapeau to James who has given up all pretence of attending races as his son's helper and is now a full on cross racer. We are expecting carbon tubs to appear soon. He also had the best clipped in slo-mo fall!

The recent CX events have been stuffed with riders aged from 8 to 80 and are a brilliant day out. It was particularly good to see a field of around 30 women racers with really close action.

Hoping to get a couple more rides before xmas.

Alan

I don't think any of the races crossed the ravine of doom - think it was in spate and salmon were running.

Turned out another cracking day and warm in the sunshine. Good fun all round.

Series takes a couple of weeks break before emerging in more northern climes - will probably do the Kinross leg of the series and the Winter Carnival thingy on the 29th November. 

Davie