Braveheart Fundraising Ride - Saturday 25th October

Anyone else doing the Braveheart event on Saturday 25th October?

http://www.braveheartfund.co.uk/EventDetail.asp?e_Tab=WhereWhen

Chris Hoy, David Millar & Sean Kelly and some other pros are riding, apparently.

It's only a 44 mile route so AndrewD, Foxy and me are planning to cycle to/from Kilmarnock from clubrooms.  Last year we left at 8am, modest pace down, register, coffee, snack, started 10.30. 

• Life Members

Hi Allan,

Which way will you guys being heading down to Kilmarnock? If youse are passing Stewarton/Fenwick, then I can join you on the way down.

I'm interested in doing it too but haven't signed up yet.

Cheer

Chung

Hi Chung

Good to hear from you.  Haven't seen you for ages, do you owe me money or something?!?

I think the obvious route from the clubrooms is Lugton, Dunlop, Stewarton and Kilmarnock....but not Fenwick.  So meeting in Stewarton sounds good.  Let's confirm the time next week.

Cheers

ALlan  

• Life Members

Hi Chung

Good to hear from you.  Haven't seen you for ages, do you owe me money or something?!?

I think the obvious route from the clubrooms is Lugton, Dunlop, Stewarton and Kilmarnock....but not Fenwick.  So meeting in Stewarton sounds good.  Let's confirm the time next week.

Cheers

ALlan  

Haha ............!

Stewarton sounds ideal, that'll be a date then :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi Alan,

I plan to meet youse in Stewarton, the Main Street traffic lights where we usually go straight pass on the way to Moscow (does that make sense) say 8.40am by the time you guys head over from the clubroom.

As for the route to Kilmarnoch, I'm sure we'll manage it between us  :shock:

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Iain,

Latest change of plan on getting to the start, I've just been informed that most are driving down to Kilmarnock due to unpredictable weather.

So, I'll decide what I'm doing in the morning, therefore I don't want to make plans with you but then can't keep to it. Maybe it's best if we meet at the start, sorry about that Iain! :-(

Hope to see you tomorrow nonetheless!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Iain,

Latest change of plan on getting to the start, I've just been informed that most are driving down to Kilmarnock due to unpredictable weather.

So, I'll decide what I'm doing in the morning, therefore I don't want to make plans with you but then can't keep to it. Maybe it's best if we meet at the start, sorry about that Iain! :-(

Hope to see you tomorrow nonetheless!

Cheers

Chung

No worries. If the weathers really bad tomorrow morning i may wimp out as i only have my summer bike in a rideable state at the moment. I should know this lesson by now - never attempt a minor repair the night before an event!

Thanks for the link

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was great Iain, ive done it a couple of times before and today was by far the toughest, wind was brutal on the way home from the Mearns, and the horizontal rain didn't help, bit the free macaroni cheese at the end was awesome, rode very briefly in Sean Kellys wheel, but didn't fancy trying to hold that pace for the next 35 miles, so just let him get on with it. Great show of Joansin Jets out too :-)