Track league 1st october

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seems to be getting faster every week. Big bunch tonight in the C/D group, with Luisa, Jess and another one of the jets stepping up and really not looking out of place at all.

A good nights racing.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good turnout of wheelers and jets tonight.

First up in the Bs was a 60 lap points, about a quarter of the way through i swung up after my half lap turn and realised i was off the front. Upped the pace a little and pushed on but i only maintained the gap so i suspect i was being hung out to dry! At least managed to get one of the sprints before being caught. Sit in to recover for a bit then follow an attack and find myself off the front again. D'oh! We worked together but i was suffering big time and we get caught and i can only roll round rather than contest the final sprint. Next was a 30 lap scratch, hardly did any work at all just followed wheels then attacked with 1.5 to go Danny zooms past on the back straight and i expected a couple of others to follow but we had a gap so managed to hold on for 2nd. Tried the same tactic in the last race but it didnt work this time was poorly positioned when the pace picked up and had too much to do.

• Committee

Lots of mighty Jets and wheelers this week.

Iain and Danny were totally at the sharp end in the B's. Expect promotion soon chaps.

I was up against our very own U16 and U14 Jets in the C/D race and had 90 laps of hard racing. The Jets rode suberbly but spent too long in the wind allowing yours truly to sneak past.  But in a few months they will be screaming past me heading for the B group.

Mr Hazle is now podiuming all the time in the youth group and is another Jet who will soon be riding with and beating the seniors. Well done Adam for hard work and great results.