17th. Sept.

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Torrid time in the C/D group, aided and abetted by 5 youths stepping up and lowering the average age of the group into the mid 30s. They also increased the pace a bit. Managed to pick up a 3rd and 2nd in the points race, largely thanks to sticking to Colin Sutherland's wheels for 17 laps. Didn't finish last in any races, so a better night than last week.

Iain had a bit of a tumble in his 2nd race when someone took his front wheel out, but he looked ok.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Eventful night in the Bs, first up 60 lap points, didnt contest the first 3 sprints but after the 4th a rider went off the front and i was waiting until he got a decent distance so i could then try and bridge. However left it too long and couldnt bridge, he managed to get the lap and i was dangling in no mans land for about 15 laps. I won one of the sprints by default  but by that stage my legs were gone. Next up 30 lap scratch, feeling good until my front wheel was clipped when someone swung down into a gap that wasnt there.I landed on my head then my face but helmet done its job, some track burns down the side of my leg and a banged elbow. Bit stingy in the shower and will no doubt be a bit sore tomorrow but hopefully be ok for Bute at the weekend. Never nice to crash but could have been worse - judging by the marks and scratches on them my sunglasses kept my cheekbone and bridge of my nose off the track!