Tuesday 8th July - 25mile TT #1

Big Al

19:00 Uplawmoor 25 miles,

Meet in the Lay-by at CJS signs, Lugton Rd, Shillford Hamlet , G78 3BA

DO NOT PARK IN THE CAR PARK!!

We don't have permission and there are usually still people working there at that time

The course runs from there to the first roundabout at Irvine and back, slightly lumpy and not the best surface but **less than an hour of painful fun

(**The writer does not take responsibility for any pain over and above 60 minutes, you just need to pedal faster and it'll be over quicker ;)

I've cobbled something together that Obree would be proud of ..hint it's got at least one pair of canti's, but the mini v's at the front are rather aero.

Wouldn't mind giving it a go for the sheer experimental factor, but Al if you really want to ride I will timekeep.

Cheers,

Davie

Five lonely souls braved the sunshine of the A736 tonight for a lot of fun and a little pain, scores on the doors were:

Davie B 1:12.27

Alan T 1:08.33

Alan M. 1:04.31

Couttie. 1:04.02

Billy. 1:03.59

Very close margins in the top 3, great rides by everyone!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for doing the necessary Al and John S for the support. Tough course, especially on the return leg. Pleased with my time, but sore.

Hellish, and a dromedaries vertebrae was heard shattering as I unshipped my chain at Lugton on the way back. Pretty much the definition of insanity taking part in my second ever TT on a bike I cobbled together the night before over the full 25 mile course.

Standing at the car afterwards I just wanted everybody to leave as I literally couldn't configure my body in such a way as to tie my laces - getting my cycling shoes off was effort enough. It's just as well I live in a bungalow as my legs were in agony.

The benefits of the tri bars were felt on the way out though, Fignon was indeed robbed.

D