Winter Kit

Mark O

Guys/Girls

Summer has nearly arrived........well it's lighter in the evenings.........and I'm turning my thoughts to winter.

I have been having a thought or two about winter kit, in addition to which, a few suggestions have been made in the main bunch regards having a slightly altered design for the winter jacket. Before people start questioning this train of thought I'd highlight that we can have almost anything we want in terms of kit design. There is no difficulty in having a winter jacket in the current design and also a variation, however the final outcome is up to you the club members.

What has been mooted is having a single colour winter jacket in the club's royal (lighter) blue. The thinking behind this is to hide as best as possible the muck picked up fro the roads on winter rides. Personally, I'd like to adopt a variation on this and have gold and white narrow banding across the chest, similar to on of the design options proposed earlier in the year.

This post is merely is to canvas opinion as to a design variation for any winter jacket. I'd say again there is nothing to prevent us having more than one design for such kit or indeed ordering kit for one off foreign trips in a similar vein to the highly coveted Novo Colli jersey. As with the original order all new items carry an initial minimum quantity threshold and any new design would attract additional design costs - circa £25 per design. I'd make one stipulation at this point any additional expense would require to be bourne by those ordering these additional designs,should design variations be demanded.

I intend opening up the store again during August with a view to having kit delivered in Spetember if there is sufficient interest to justify making an order. Constructive comments and thoughts are welcome at this point to allow me to gauge sentiment and if necessary pull everything together. I will seek to road test the winter kit and report back on how it performs.

Cheers

Mark

Guest Kennyb

Personally, I think your suggestions of the colored bands across the chest is a good one. Wee bit of colour on a winter jersey is never a bad idea when visibility may be poor.

• Committee

I still rely on my Gore waterproof for really horrible weather because neither the endura nor provision kit had sealed seams. The Gore buys an extra hour before the flood.

I might buy a full-on sealed seam breathable rainjacket if Pactimo make one.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'd definitely go with a design that has contrasting colours and some reflectives in there somewhere. If Pactimo has a standard design that meets these requirements in something close to club colours, then that would be fine with me.