Novice ride Sun 1st June to meet others at Strachur

JaneF

I hope there are some folk who would enjoy a social, slow pace ride from McInroy's Point Gourock Red Western ferry to Dunoon and then Strachur cafe for lunch and hopefully meeting up there with the Intermediate and Main bunches followed by a slow ride back to the ferry on the most direct and flattest route. We estimate this as about 36 miles from ferry to ferry. I am allowing 2 hours each way. If anyone wants to up their game they can come home with a different bunch and I would welcome all who want to join us back to the ferry after lunch.

10.40 ferry crossing out, return passenger ticket £5 from newsagents on Shore Street called Pauls Food and Wine, more expensive on the ferry!

94 Shore St, Gourock PA19 1RB

Phone:01475 630997

Meet at 10.30am with bike and tickets at McInroy's Point, I shall drive down and leave the car nearby, not a lot of parking at the ferry.

Great opportunity to experience a Club outing at an easy pace and for those who haven't been out much this season.

Please post if you are coming along.

Thanks Al for the parking warning.

Thanks Jann, the time allows for plenty of stops/photo opportunities and encouragement of novices, if we arrive at the cafe first then we can have extra coffee and cake before the other bunches. No problem if you want to pedal out or back with a keener group.

Everyone welcome, especially potential new Wheelers.

The proposed mass club meet up at Strachur has been done previously and worked well. The ride back to the ferry is a good one and mostly flat. As Jane suggests it allows riders the chance to ride back with a different group. Us alledgedly anti social types in the main bunch have no problem with anyone wanting to hang on to our wheels on the the run to the ferry. The good thing is should you get dropped another group will sweep you up.

Barring mechanicals I'd imaging the main bunch will be arriving in Strachur around 1.00pm. At least I hope it will be as I'll be starving by then!!!!!