2nd April

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ive not signed up yet but intend to do so tomorrow

After this on there is a couple of weeks break over easter, then the schedule changes before the velodrome closes for the commonwealth games.

23 April : Endurance

30 April: Sprint

7 May: TT Night

14 May: Endurance

21 May: Endurance

28 May: Pursuits

• 2023 Subscriptions

Legs felt good today then when i saw alot of the fast young guys were missing (presumably with junior tour of Scotland coming up) i felt quite confident of making the breakthrough tonight in the Bs.

Shouldnt have counted my chickens though as there was not enough A riders tonight and too many B riders to fit them all in the same race, so two combined a/b races and i was put in with Davie Lines, Andrew Whitehall, Callum Watson and a couple of others. Wasnt too bad to start with but when the hammer went down with a few laps to go it blew things apart, was just about hanging on but someone drifted down and i had to ease up slightly that meant i lost the wheel and it was game over. Next up was a Kieren, didnt do great then it was a B group only scratch where i attacked with a couple of laps to go and managed to get either a 2nd or 3rd. Another Kieren next managed a 3rd in this however there were only 5 riders in that one so it was also 3rd last! Finished off with another A/B race when the split happened i had just joined the end of the line after taking my turn so completly the wrong place. Riders in front were pulling out meaning i kept having to try and close down gaps by the time things calmed a bit there was a group of 4 about half a lap ahead and a small chasing group which i was about 10 metres behind but just couldnt get back on, eventually got lapped by the 4 in front then chucked it with a couple of laps to go. Painful night but was enjoyable as well because the race programme was a bit different to normal.

Some good results from Alan tonight although i suspect he is just as pleased with avoiding crashing into a rider that went down right in front while they were both in the middle of a sprint. Very impressive save!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hard, but fun night all round. Missed the cut by a place in the first C/D race, in the 1st Keirin was in prime position and starting to attack when the front man had a spectacular off right in front of me at the bell, voiding the race (for the record, I crossed the line first), made a poor change in the third race and came adrift with 7 laps to go. Managed to get back in the bunch with 2 left, but had no energy left. Finished last in that one. Managed a 3rd in the last Keirin and the last scratch race.

5 races for a tenner isn't bad going.