Sprint night 5th march

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The programme is going to be a flying 200 and 2 match sprints.

It is right that the Commonwealth games squad get a chance to be timed doing kilos, pursuits etc to try and make qualification times but knowing this was happening then it would have been sensible for the organisers to then limit the numbers of entrants for the rest of the sprint night. Trying to squeeze 80 riders in is just being greedy for the entry fees!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Rather predictably, the real athletes over-ran their timescale, forcing a replan of the night. So, no flying 200, just straight into races after the warmup. Managed to pick up a couple of 4th places (6 to a heat) and a lower half finish in a combined C/D scratch race to finish, with Iain picking up 2nd in the same race. Overall not too bad a night.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A night of alot of waiting due to things over running. Although as a result of this we get free entry for next week so its not too bad.

No flying 200, just a couple of 6-up match sprints then a scratch race. I was at the back on the first sprint was worried someone was about to attack so i ended going over the top up with 2 to go ended up got caught and finished to 3rd. Next one i was 5th, rookie mistake in positioning - i was low with another guy and everyone else was high! Finally there was a 20 lap (or maybe it was 25) scratch race so people could get a bit more track time before heading home - was a combined C/D race (with Alan looking comfortable with the step up in pace) started to sprint with 3 to go, eventually got passed but managed to hold on for a 2nd so pleased with that.

Bit of a frustrating night for all. No doubt that Janette and the Track Leaguionaires suffered due to the Performance Squad's need for qualifying time. Seemingly started off as a request for the tandem Kilo then grew arms and legs with a whole load of wheel and kit changes in between which meant the programme was already running nearly an hour late before the regulars got on the track